• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question of the Hour

I don't know if the Navy used M Scores too, I'm thinkiing (sort of) about Army trades.

I used to administer M tests, total score has nothing to do with it. We had Candidates that scored very high over all but could not read English. It was a tool to determine the Candidates suitability for a trade. Each section of the test was scored individually and as was stated there was an over all score that had to be obtained.

Art Johnson said:
It was a tool to determine the Candidates suitability for a trade.

The two trades (if the legends are correct*) which required only a 90 were:

Piper - which was a separate trade, like bandsman; and

MP

----------
* Even if the legends aren't correct, I still like the story

Edward Campbell said:
MP

----------
* Even if the legends aren't correct, I still like the story
Guess them and their Spec pay are getting the last laugh!  :D

I had to stay out of this one. Edward told George and I the story over dinner when I was in Ottawa to visit the CWM. I have to admit it stumped me at the time.

Okay, new question.

How many Canadian Prime Ministers have held honourary rank in the Canadian military?  I can think of only one.

Trudeau was Colonel in Chief of the Gatineau Highlanders, wasn't he?  8)  forgive the obscure ref, PM if need be...

I've had a very good laff but you are all out beyond the range. ;D
It was the janitorial service working for the Manhattan Project.
Reason being is paper's laying about while the janitor's cleaning up could not be read and resulting in a security liability ;)

What was the fairly large group of people after world war two who fought for the same benifits and privlages as the vetrans received?
(I need to find out for a Global History paper) :-\

I believe that George is right but have a look at this anyway.

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/clients/sub.cfm?source=new/billc41

Took a long time for the Merchant Marine to be entitled to the same benefits as the Servicemen they carried over....
Then again, these guys were paid the big bucks and had somewhat better conditions than on the warships.

I am sorry that politics and work have kept me from history for a few days.  Who said the following and when did he or she say it?

"We can truly say that the whole circuit of the earth is girdled with the graves of our dead... and, in the course of my pilgrimage, I have many times asked myself whether there can be more potent advocates of peace upon earth through the years to come, than this massed multitude of silent witnesses to the desolation of war."

Early birds, worms, etc  ;) ... King George V, dedicating the military cemeteries in Flanders.

The quote is used, often, by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

That's correct Edward, he first said it in Flanders in 1922.

Who organized and what was the "Gleiwitz Incident"?

Back