• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions on pay and school requirements

jamie26m

Inactive
Reaction score
New to this site but im just looking for information

Im living in London Ont and currently attending a program at Fanshawe College called the ACE program (Academic and Career Entrance) It is basically my grade twelve and also for me to get into college but it is different then the GED I will post a link which explains it more in detail about it but I am curious and hoping that someone here knows if the military accepts it because I went down to the recruiting office and talked to the guy there and he said he wasn't sure I would have to wait and see when I send my application to Thunder Bay but he also said if I can get into college with it then they would most likely accept but thinking maybe someone on here would know in advance.

Link is below
http://www.collegeupgradingon.ca/upgrade/ace/myths.htm

Also I was just wondering if you get accepted when do you start getting paid? Do you get paid during your training courses?

Wow that's a long sentence. May I suggest breaking it down into an easier to read paragraph?

What's the entry plan you're looking at? It's not quite clear from what you wrote.

I don't know what the problem is... I can read it.

He says he is taking a program through Fanshawe college which is effectively a highschool equivalency program, but not a GED... the program is designed to help people get prepared/enter into college.

He has asked his recruiting office about if it is accepted (for the education requirement), but they do not know right off the bat. He wants to know if anyone here has any knowledge.

In a separate line of questions, he wants to know when you start getting paid. He also wants to know if you get paid during training.

The answer is yes. You get paid while you train.

As for the education program being accepted? I am not going to speculate. I will say that the CFRC recruiting staff are the best people to answer this question.

Nites

I think he was referring to the fact that the only form of punctuation was at the end of the "sentence".

WoW I guess you have to be very punctual in here huh lmao but if anyone knows about the questions I asked feel free to answer them (Period) : )

Thanks

jamie26m said:
if anyone knows about the questions I asked feel free to answer them (Period) : )

From what I've read, the only question outstanding after Niteshade's response is whether or not your college's college preparation program will be accepted as a high school equivalent. And a recruiter told you "I don't know" when you asked him. If he doesn't know, and you want to find out, I'd break it down further.

What MOC or program are you applying for that you require a high school diploma? ROTP? An NCM trade? Are you sure you need one, or are you trying to be more competitive?

If you need/feel you need it, try to document it and make the recruiter's job easier. Talk to the staff at your school, maybe starting with the transcripts office, about the course credits. Ask your school how you'd show a college that'd never heard of your school how to show the college that you had an high school equivalent.

Then bring your file in to see a recruiter, not asking for a written in stone verdict on whether it'll be accepted, but if there's anything else he thinks you could do. If you're respectful and invest time and effort into something, someone's more likely to give you thoughtful advice and help you take it further.

WoW I guess you have to be very punctual in here huh lmao

Punctuality's something different, which you might get screamed at about in the future. Proper english makes posts more readable. If I start to read a post and it's poorly written there's a good chance I'll stop reading. If a post isn't worth your taking the effort to read over and check for mistakes, why should I go back and read it a second time to correct my own misunderstanding?

In your case, I didn't have to, but it could definitely be written more clearly. By breaking it into simple questions and explanations, ie sentences and paragraphs, you would be more likely to get responses.

When you did get a helpful response, you chose to respond only with flippancy at complaints at your grammar rather than respond to Niteshade's answer.

Back