• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R&Q at public expense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, think about it for a second.

You just asked, if you don't live in/vacate Single Quarters and don't eat/no longer eat at the mess, if you will still have to pay for living in SQs and eating at the mess.

:blotto:

I don't know about, I am not still paying rent for the apartment I don't live in anymore!

I'm not saying it isn't illogical, I've just been told enough horror stories about R&Qs to want confirmation.

I'm not sure what you find confusing about my posts, they're worded pretty clearly imo.

Im Carl G said:
I'm not sure what you find confusing about my posts, they're worded pretty clearly imo.

This is written clearly?

Im Carl G said:
I'm single and have no dependants - I'm basically trying to figure out if, assuming I am given permission to live off base as I have been told I will, I'd still have to pay R&Qs if my marital status doesn't change.

IMHO, it is not.

See, at first, I was trying to figure out what your marital status had to do with it.  Not to mention, the title of this thread is R&Q at public expense.  If you were married and separated from your spouse due to military requirements, you would indeed get R&Q at public expense.  And you would live where they tell you since you would be getting R&Q for free.  Apparently, you are not married. 

I can't imagine what kind of "horror" stories you've heard about R&Q except for the cost.

It's very simple.  If you live in quarters, they will deduct R&Q from your pay.  If you live out, they will not.  How's that for clear?  As I stated, if you move out, be sure to budget accordingly.  No one's going to hold you hand when you go get groceries or pay your rent. 

I'll forego the pissing match and just say thanks for clearing that up ::)

I lived on my own before I joined the army and expect no hand holding now that I'm in it..

Im Carl G said:
I'll forego the pissing match and just say thanks for clearing that up ::)

Seriously?  :boring:

Im Carl G said:
I lived on my own before I joined the army and expect no hand holding now that I'm in it.

Oh well, that's good to know.  I guess you'll have no problems then.  ::)

Mods, can we lock this one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back