• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rcvd OT msg to ATIS but still Army?

shane_lawrence

Inactive
Reaction score
I was accepted for transfer from a land trade to ATIS Tech, and received my message effective 14 Jan.  However, it says DEU no change.  I checked my MPRR and it shows my MOS as ATIS Jr, but still indicates Army as my element.  As I understand it, all ATIS Techs are Air Force.  How do I correct the problem and start wearing blue?

Thanks in advance.

It might be that you will receive your element change permission once you pass POET. Only after POET will you be able to attaned your QL3 unless you get a PLAR for POET.

Tango18A's theory sounds reasonable, but in the past I've always seen CTs from other elements change uniform immediately.  On the OT message, there should be a name to contact for further information - use the CoC to seek confirmation.  It does sound a little odd to me...

Occam, my experience runs contrary to yours. I've seen a few remusters that were required to return to their old trades, hence the lack of uniform change until course completion.

"How do I correct the problem and start wearing blue?"

Wait until you go on course. You will either have to pass the course, or the School Chief will help you get sorted out (likely after a good bollocking).

I have seen a fairly significant number of pers undergoing initial occupation training following a cross-environmental OT, and I have never seen the environmental change deliberately held-back.  I have seen a few OTs in which there was an oversight in environment change - specifically these were MPRRs showing Air Combat Engineers and one Maritime Construction Engineer.  This is something that can be fixed easily through the Orderly Room & the Chief Clerk.

Are there not some Schools where the change of Element and DEUs are held off until such time as the student has successfully passed their Trades Training and are now qualified in their new Trade?  Take for instance this case: if the OP becomes a Training Failure and is returned to their original Trade, it would rather funny for them to show up in Air DEUs if they came from an Infantry Section.

George Wallace said:
Are there not some Schools where the change of Element and DEUs are held off until such time as the student has successfully passed their Trades Training and are now qualified in their new Trade? 
It is not done for any occupation at the Engineer school, and I have never seen Air Force or Navy uniforms attending DP1 occupational courses at any of the other three Combat Arms schools in Gagetown  ... there will be some blue uniforms on BMOQ(L) because there is at least one blue occupation that attends that course.

George Wallace said:
Are there not some Schools where the change of Element and DEUs are held off until such time as the student has successfully passed their Trades Training and are now qualified in their new Trade?  Take for instance this case: if the OP becomes a Training Failure and is returned to their original Trade, it would rather funny for them to show up in Air DEUs if they came from an Infantry Section.

When one OTs, it's made quite clear that a return to one's original trade is not a given in the event of a training failure.  In this case, the OP is Combat Arms, which is suffering from an excess of personnel so it's unlikely they'd return to the original trade anyways.  The case would likely be handled as any other training failure, with the options of CT to another open trade, or release.

I know of noone OTing to ATIS who was forced to wear the uniform of their previous environment pending the attainment of any qualifications - myself included.  Could always be something new though, I've seen stranger things in this outfit...which still continues to surprise me on a daily basis.  ;D

Oooooooo....this one is easy.

Go see your Chief Clerk, seriously, it's just a mistake. 

When the OT messages are cut (usually around 100ish at a time...) they are cut, paste and release...cut, paste and release...

Good odds, the message right before yours was an Air Force member transferring to ATIS Tech, so realistically, they just changed the name and SN...too easy to fix.

My OT message to FE had me switching from air deu to land.... Was a typo... Woulda been cool though

Back