• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Reality" holidays (cool or not?)

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Holiday in an East German bunker

Reuters photographer Ina Fassbender spends a day at a museum which is a former East German bunker, built in the 1970s to shelter the district's command unit in an emergency. The 3,600-square-meter bunker now offers visitors the chance to stay there overnight as part of a historical "reality experience". Depending on the size of their group, guests can pay 109 euros each for a 16-hour stay, during which they wear National People's Army (NVA) uniform and are treated as former East German soldiers for a night.

Slide show and more info at link

I guess it might be kind of cool and at €109 per night, cheaper than most hotels.....

PMedMoe said:
I guess it might be kind of cool and at €109 per night, cheaper than most hotels.....
You want to be treated as former-East German soldier....especially on the night shift?!  :eek:

Journeyman said:
You want to be treated as former-East German soldier....especially on the night shift?!  :eek:

Only if I can bring my own weapons....  :threat:

;D

Journeyman said:
Hey, if a guy who used to be paid to do it is going back and paying for the experience ....
d3ad2e3d-abcd-4036-85b4-f4b6696f1377_RTX14M4S.jpg

65 year-old Hans-Georg Tiede presents his original identity mark of the former DDR at his arrival for one night at the 'Bunker-Museum' in Rennsteighoehe near the eastern city of Ilmenau October 12, 2013. The museum is a former East German bunker, built in the 1970s to shelter the district's command unit in an emergency. (REUTERS/Ina Fassbender)

Back