• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

I hear the Belgians make good beer 😁
When I drink too much Belgian beer, my wife rages. Happy wife, happy life.

I used to enjoy inciting the Belgians to fight each other.

If you know a little bit about how the Flems and Walloons interact which, being Canadian, we do you can spark some pretty good little public spats.

It's one of my darker hobbies ;)
Human cockfights! Sounds awesome!

ridley scott gladiator GIF

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

I hear the Belgians make good beer 😁
I used to go to the basement, switch on the large screen TV, and access to a mini-beer fridge, and watch American College football on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday til I achieved zen. Similarly, I used to travel home to Nova Scotia for two weeks every year for deer hunting. The results of the hunt didn't really matter, as I spent 14 days in the camp with cousins, uncles, and friends, and we traded insults, competed in crib. 45's and hearts, heard war stories, and generally got re-acquainted. Those were the things that motivated me. In Belgium........................

I used to go to the basement, switch on the large screen TV, and access to a mini-beer fridge, and watch American College football on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday til I achieved zen. Similarly, I used to travel home to Nova Scotia for two weeks every year for deer hunting. The results of the hunt didn't really matter, as I spent 14 days in the camp with cousins, uncles, and friends, and we traded insults, competed in crib. 45's and hearts, heard war stories, and generally got re-acquainted. Those were the things that motivated me. In Belgium........................
Clearly, I need to hop on a plane to Europe, stay at your house and insult you for a week or so…

Yah I get it, I personally am not a huge fan of Eurostan myself.

You could always take up Football Hooliganism or Rioting. Seems to be popular there 😁

champions league football GIF

Actually- not an awful suggestion. Start writing.

Plus, there are about a billion battlefield sites/war cemeteries within 20km of your house….
Ummmmmmmmmm. Not interested. We are going to Waterloo next week, which I understand has an amazing museum.

Good ideas EITS. I am really struggling with retirement. With the move to a foreign country, the things I enjoyed in Canada are no longer available, so that puts a barrier up.

Certain things, that the Belgian people accept, drive me crazy. My wife says I need to calm down, I am not in that place yet.

That would be a tough combo. I’ve always had this idea of moving to Scotland and having a small hobby farm in the northern around the Inverness area. No doubt if I pulled it off I’d miss some Canada stuff too.

I'm not suggesting I am going to garrote myself. And you are welcome anytime.

But from my limited perspective, retirement sucks shit, and Belgium exacerbates it.
Lift weights and get HUUGGGEEE. Or take up a Martial Art like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It's great for centreing your mind.

Actually- not an awful suggestion. Start writing.

Plus, there are about a billion battlefield sites/war cemeteries within 20km of your house….
So in a scale of 1 to 10, how haunted would the house be? 🤨

I'm not suggesting I am going to garrote myself. And you are welcome anytime.

But from my limited perspective, retirement sucks shit, and Belgium exacerbates it.
Go to work for NATO? Jobs are all tax free…

The CAF is pretty clear that it doesn’t GAFF about retirees. That’s someone else’s job.

There's always the Legion. But, maybe it's not necessarily the end of the line in a member's working life, but perhaps a new beginning as they transition to a new career.

Back