• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Red Friday-Suppport The Troops- Kitchener/Waterloo- Friday- October 24 2008

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
The City Of Waterloo and the Parents Support Group of Kitchener present:

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS RALLY!

When:  Friday Oct 20 from 12pm  to 1pm

Where: Behind the city hall in Waterloo at the cenotaph.

Why: To support out troops by wearing red.

Wear Red Homepage

Just saw this on my favourite night shift radio station, KICX 106 in Waterloo.
I plan on getting up early and heading over,...........any other takers?   
[You RIM guys know who I mean ;)]

http://www.kicx106.com/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=supporttroops

Count me in Bruce sending a note to Whiskey right now...

Two things....I don't know Waterloo very well. What would be a good RV?

...and I sent kicx106 a thank you e-mail late last night from work and recieved this a while ago,

From ; DSchneider@KICXFM.COM
Bruce…

It is an honour to do it.

You’re Welcome and thank you
Dave Schneider

a nice touch of class.

I'm new to the city myself....and let's just say the city planners (if you can call them that) must have been rip roaring drunk when they layed out the roads in this town.

What kind oF RV Location are you looking for? There are a great many pubs in the area (walking distance), and theres a coffee shop just up the road from the city hall (towards Waterloo town quare).

I have to head up to the Kitchener armouries in a few, I could recce the uptown area for a suitable location. Just let me know what kind of place you want to meet at.

Heres a quick map of some locations.

mapwaterloo.gif

The red dot is where the rally will be (city hall)
The Black dot between City hall and Waterloo town square is a coffee shop... don't know the name, but I'll recce it today.
The Blue dot is a basement pub off of princes street called McMullens (good wings/pizza and beer deals)
The Green dot is a Scottish pub, Fox and the Fiddle, off of king street. Right beside the Fox is an Irish pub called Failte (unofficial pub of the Cpl. For life club of the RHFC)

Those are just some suggestions... all with in walking distance

Cheers,

- Piper

RHFC_Piper:

Those sound like good suggestions, I am stuck in meetings right up until 12:00 noon but will try and duck out early to get down to the rally location in time.

On Erb St. in front of Waterloo Town Square is Angies Kitchen...not Licensed...beside that in the Atrium is the Duke of Wellington on King St.& Bridgeport Rd. is the Huether Hotel...the place is a landmark...if you need more info...pm me and I will give you my # and may have a few more suggestions.

I guess I should mention that you need to be on the look-out and get out of the way of the Mennonite Horse & Buggy's in downtown Waterloo...the nags are a tad skittish at times!!!  :)

Brat56 said:
On Erb St. in front of Waterloo Town Square is Angies Kitchen...not Licensed...beside that in the Atrium is the Duke of Wellington on King St.& Bridgeport Rd. is the Huether Hotel...the place is a landmark...if you need more info...pm me and I will give you my # and may have a few more suggestions.

The Huether would be a good choice... pretty close. But which restaurant / pub in the Huether;
The Lion Brewery
The Barley Works or
Cafe 1842.

Angie's Kitchen would work too.. bit more of a walk, but good eats.

There are just too many places up town...  which reminds me, that coffee shop on the corner (black dot on the map; last post) isn't there anymore... :(  So there really isn't anything super close.  Oh well.

Devlin- i'll try, but this GSG thing is driving me %#%% nuts and that little fucker BG did it again today.

Whiskey

OK.  Just found out as I was leaving for work that the young un's have a PD day tomorrow so if there is to be an RV it must be 'kid-friendly'. How far of a walk is it from the Waterloo Town Square Mall?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
How far of a walk is it from the Waterloo Town Square Mall?

About a block.. maybe 5 min walk for a guy with a cane a shrapnel in his legs... or two minutes for a normal human. (I'm allowed to joke.. its my shrapnel)

I will check again when I get up but it looks like I will be shooting for the Town Square as my RV.

Apologies for the no show folks but things were a little (ok extremely) crazy at work couldn't get away...maybe a Tri Cities Get together is in order sometime soon

Back