• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Red Friday-Suppport The Troops- Kitchener/Waterloo- Friday- October 24 2008

Small but intimate gathering, met  RHFC_piper and chatted with some others. The father of Braun Woodfield was there, along with quite a few other parents. Thanks to the local media, specifically CHYM-FM, who were all around and supplied the PA trailer.

Left some copies of the latest "Ruxted" editorial with the organizing group for thier reading pleasure.
Canadian Peace Alliance and Supporters Mislead Canada

Thanks to all whom attended. :cdn:

http://www.kicx106.com/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=supporttroops

RED FRIDAY RALLY - FRIDAY OCTOBER 26th - 12pm to 1pm at the Waterloo Cenotaph (behind Waterloo City Hall on Regina Street)  There will be a charity barbeque courtesy of M&M MEATS with proceeds to WOUNDED WARRIORS.  Come sign the banner.  Wear red and show your support!

I won't be at this one as I will be at work, however I encourage all those who can to show how much we care.
Thanks to the local country station KICX 106.

Just a reminder for those in the KW area...............................

Bruce Monkhouse said:
...and I sent kicx106 a thank you e-mail late last night from work and recieved this a while ago,

From ; DSchneider@KICXFM.COM
Bruce…

It is an honour to do it.

You’re Welcome and thank you
Dave Schneider

a nice touch of class.

That's a nice update Bruce! +1 to KICX 106! They are also one of my personal favourites to listen to also. Never a week goes by also, that I haven't heard them mention to listeners 'Wear Red on Friday'

~Rebecca

Funny you should post to this tonight...just got back from Megaprize, Emerson Drive and the Wilkinsons were just fantastic.......

and Jeremy Smith keeps saying he plans on joining up here.

EDIT:
Gee, Rebecca...guess I should have thought of you for the 2 extra tickets I had when my friends cancelled...sorry. :-[

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Funny you should post to this tonight...just got back from Megaprize, Emerson Drive and the Wilkinsons were just fantastic.......

and Jeremy Smith keeps saying he plans on joining up here.

EDIT:
Gee, Rebecca...guess I should have thought of you for the 2 extra tickets I had when my friends cancelled...sorry. :-[

That would have been fabulous! Emerson Drive are one of my fave bands. Guess I'll have to listen to the radio station this morning and remember, Bruce forgot about me "sigh"

Glad you had a nice time, it wouldn't have worked for me to be able to go anyways so that's alright ;D

~Rebecca

I'm working in Brampton until 1830 but I plan on being there if all goes according to plan.

I'm easy to spot,.....I'll have on my favourite Don Johnson jacket. :king:

Red Friday Rally
When: October 24, 2008
Where:

Families of Canadian Soldiers In Afghanistan will be holding their 3rd annual Red Friday Rally on Friday October 24 from 7 pm to 8 pm at the Waterloo Cenotaph on Regina St. (beside the Waterloo City Hall).  A charity BBQ with all funds raised going to the KW Poppy Fund.  For more information please call 519-884-2723

PS: On 570 News they said it would be 7-9, not just until 8:00.

I'm going! I'm off that day.
Thanks for posting this Bruce.
:cdn:

Back