• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

redirected to clerk

MS07

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could clear up this mystery.  I called the recruiting office the other day and when I asked for the status of my application, they gave me a number to a clerk.  I asked if there was any info on my application and he just said please call the clerk.  I have attempted to call the clerk and left a message.  So, far everything was submitted and interview went well.  Has anyone gone through this?

MS07 said:
I was just wondering if anyone could clear up this mystery.  I called the recruiting office the other day and when I asked for the status of my application, they gave me a number to a clerk.  I asked if there was any info on my application and he just said please call the clerk.  I have attempted to call the clerk and left a message.  So, far everything was submitted and interview went well.  Has anyone gone through this?

When you called, you most likely called the main number of the CFRC.  These are the recruiters at the front desk, and they won't be able to answer any questions about your file as once you have begun the process, this file is with a clerk.  These clerks are quite busy, as they are working with numerous files, receiving many calls and also trying to return calls.  Leaving a detailed message is good.  Be sure that they have your name and phone number correctly.  You can also go down and ask in person.  But if you have just recently done your interview, I suggest being patient for a few days while everything is compiled.  Good luck!

Once your CFAT and Interview is done your clerk, called the File Manager, managers it until all the steps are completed. When you call the file manager leave a detailed message with your service number, if you can remember it. That will make finding your information much quicker.

airmich said:
When you called, you most likely called the main number of the CFRC.  These are the recruiters at the front desk, and they won't be able to answer any questions about your file as once you have begun the process, this file is with a clerk.  These clerks are quite busy, as they are working with numerous files, receiving many calls and also trying to return calls.  Leaving a detailed message is good.  Be sure that they have your name and phone number correctly.  You can also go down and ask in person.  But if you have just recently done your interview, I suggest being patient for a few days while everything is compiled.  Good luck!

I finished the interview and medical in July.  They were waiting for OMD which they received beginning of September.  Does this clerk put me on course?  I am going to wait a couple of weeks before a call back.  They must have mounds of work to do.  Also another silly question, does this mean I am approved?

MS07,
Never heard of an OMD, what is it?

Once all your steps are completed the File Manager (clerk) attaches you to the merit list. For Reg Force,  If your MOSID one of the Open Selection List (OSL) then the Production officer at the CFRC can select you. If your MOISD is selected from the national merit list your file will be in competition nationally when the board sits. They usually convene a selection board every 5 weeks depending on positions to be filled. If selected you usually have short wait for course, 10 days to a month before BMQ. Officer BMOQ's are fewer so the selections are usually less often. 

If P Res then once merit listed the file is sent to the Reserve unit and they select you and set up the enrolment. 

Caution, in both cases being attached to a merit list does NOT guarantee you a job offer.

Good luck.

OMD is old medical docs.  That may explain why I have been waiting this long for some info.  I received updates in September that they had them.  I just was curious about why this clerk hadn't returned my call, although I left a "detailed" message.  Thank you for the information that is very very reassuring.  :)  I don't like being in the dark.

Your file manager is responsible for you file once your interview is complete.
Be nice to them.
Don't waste their time.
Check on your file once every 2 weeks.
Ask the people who answer the 1-800 number who the clerk is that has your file, and what their direct number is.
Leave a message but remember - any file manager has between 50 - 100 files they are responsible for, and it takes a little time to get back to everyone.
They are human. If after 2 days you have not heard back, call them again. The number of meetings and enrolments a single clerk goes through in a month is ridiculous. They have to be up to date on ALL policies, to serve you best.

But they will always do what they can for you. Just BE NICE TO THEM!

Back