• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Redue tests for CT?

Quiet Riot

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently doing a component transfer from reserve to reg force and am wondering how long you're aptitude test and physical test are valid for.  Or if they are still valid when you do a component transfer.  I did them just over 2 years ago.  I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone in the orderly room about it, but some people around the regiment said I'd probably have to get an appointment booked and do them over again.  Any input would be appreciated.

Your CFAT (aptitude test) is valid for your entire career... UNLESS... you want to do a CT to a different trade, if you did not qualify for this trade when you wrote originally, you can re-write the CFAT to try for a higher score. Your recruiting centre will be able to find out that information. You are not privy to your marks, and never will be. But CFRC can get the test results and determine what you have qualified for. Keep in mind, that the most recent CFAT mark will be your mark on the books (or atleast thats what supposed to happen) so if the mark is higher, good job, but if its lower... its lower, and there is a certain waiting period before you can re-write the exam (I believe its three months, I could be wrong). But if you get a lower mark that is low enough to not qualify for your current trade, you won't be kicked out of that trade, there is ways around that, your recruiting centre will figure it all out for you.

As for your PT test, you will have to re-do that test, it must be current and must be done for your recruiting process. If you have done the express test recently, you will still have to do the PT test again for your recruiting process, its just the way it goes.

So short answers:
CFAT - no, you don't have to re-do it.
PT Test - yes, you will likely have to re-do it.

Hope this helps.

That is not entirely accurate.   In the Reg Force the CFAT is current for 5 years.   If you attempt an occupational transfer after 5 years you must re-write the CFAT, regardless if you initially qualified for your chosen trade or not.

Thans for the help medic2ic and PPCLI Mcpl.  When I did the CFAT I was told I could good pretty much go for any trade in the reserves, are the scores required to get into the reg force counterpart the same?  Also, will I have to do the medical exam again too?  Or is it once it's done you don't have to redue it like the CFAT?

Thanks for the info all.  At least I have an idea what to expect when I talk to the orderly room and the recruiter.

Back