• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reenlisting within 5 years

Yoshinkai1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Im in the process of reelisting after about 3.5 years.  I am curious to find out exactly what my entitlements are to retaining rank, and pay rate etc.  If anyone can direct me to the appropriate area I would greatly appreciate it.  I dont know whether its covered in the  DAODs, etc

Cheers
Mike

You will keep the same rank and pay.  Nothing changes until you are eligible to promoted to the next rank.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
You will keep the same rank and pay.  Nothing changes until you are eligible to promoted to the next rank.

Even if that rank is above Cpl?

Shamrock said:
Even if that rank is above Cpl?

Regardless of rank.  New Terms of Service (TOS) spell out how much longer you can serve.  They have nothing to do with pay or promotions.

I dont know if this has any bearing on that but I am changing MOC and when I talked to the new unit they mentioned brining me in a rank lower than I had been when I released.

Yoshinkai said:
  I dont know if this has any bearing on that but I am changing MOC and when I talked to the new unit they mentioned brining me in a rank lower than I had been when I released.

Were you a MCpl and the unit is mentioning you starting as a Cpl,  or you were a Cpl and they mentioned bringing you in as a Pte?

I was an Lt but I had all my Capt quals completed so I was hoping to research the issue so that I could present a argument based on chapter and verse so to speak if they do offer only 2Lt

Just to be accurate, we in Canada enroll, we don't enlist, that is an Americanism :-/    And as to your problem, pretty much any rank above Cpl/2Lt has to be decided by your Careers Cell in NDHQ, basic trade quals/course wavers can be made by the QS manager in CTC Gagetown.

Old EO Tech said:
Just to be accurate, we in Canada enroll, we don't enlist, that is an Americanism :-/   

Thanks!  I dislike the Amerspeak that keeps creeping in.

Back