• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reg Irvine RCR

Nfld Sapper

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score

Obituary of Reg Irvine​

Irvine, Joseph Reginald “Reg” (Retired RSM - RCR)

Reg passed away peacefully, in hospital, Ottawa on Tuesday, January 30, 2024 at the age of 79. Beloved husband for over 56 years of Judy (Curley) Irvine. Loved father of Jeffrey Irvine (Patricia Glaser) and the late Thomas Irvine. Reg is survived by his brother Kevin (Marcella) Irvine and predeceased by sisters Opal (the late Joe) Kuehl, Twila (late Tom) Gilligan and brothers Bernie, John, Ray and Scott Irvine. Also survived by sisters-in-law Sharon Irvine, Bernadette Cox and Celica Irvine, Susan Bedford, brother-in-law Brian Curley and several nieces and nephews. Reg was very proud of his military career and service to his country. He retired as a Regimental Sargeant Major of the Royal Canadian Regiment infantry unit, serving in Bosnia and three missions in Cyprus. All are invited to attend the Mass of Christian Burial on Monday, February 5, 2024 at St. Francis de Sales Church 17 Elmsley St. N., Smiths Falls at 11:00 a.m. followed by a reception in Hanley Hall. Interment, St. Francis de Sales Cemetery will be held at a later date. In memory of Reg, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated.

That is too bad.

I have many hilarious Reg and Bernie Irvine stories (all told from Bernie’s point of view, mind you).

They were a different breed. And will be missed.

Obituary of Reg Irvine​

Irvine, Joseph Reginald “Reg” (Retired RSM - RCR)

Reg passed away peacefully, in hospital, Ottawa on Tuesday, January 30, 2024 at the age of 79. Beloved husband for over 56 years of Judy (Curley) Irvine. Loved father of Jeffrey Irvine (Patricia Glaser) and the late Thomas Irvine. Reg is survived by his brother Kevin (Marcella) Irvine and predeceased by sisters Opal (the late Joe) Kuehl, Twila (late Tom) Gilligan and brothers Bernie, John, Ray and Scott Irvine. Also survived by sisters-in-law Sharon Irvine, Bernadette Cox and Celica Irvine, Susan Bedford, brother-in-law Brian Curley and several nieces and nephews. Reg was very proud of his military career and service to his country. He retired as a Regimental Sargeant Major of the Royal Canadian Regiment infantry unit, serving in Bosnia and three missions in Cyprus. All are invited to attend the Mass of Christian Burial on Monday, February 5, 2024 at St. Francis de Sales Church 17 Elmsley St. N., Smiths Falls at 11:00 a.m. followed by a reception in Hanley Hall. Interment, St. Francis de Sales Cemetery will be held at a later date. In memory of Reg, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated.

He was one of the better WOs on my Phase III Inf. Sad news...

RIP RSM.
From what I hear he was a soldier's soldier.
I never met him or Bernie but we all knew who they were. I was on course with an Irvine - a nephew I believe.

RIP RSM.
From what I hear he was a soldier's soldier.
I never met him or Bernie but we all knew who they were. I was on course with an Irvine - a nephew I believe.

I recall trudging along by myself somewhere on base in Gagetown once and, as he drove by in the back of a MLVW, he shouted 'Get in step!!!' at me.

I kind of looked around a bit then my arms went up, shoulder high ... ;)

Back