• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regent Park Murder, Army Reservists convicted in homeless man's death

the 48th regulator said:
Update, if anyone is interested.

http://writeaprisoner.com/Template.aspx?i=z-briandeganis

dileas

tess

Sigh, He even looks like a mope.

Update from today's Sun:
"Shelter erects plaque for homeless man
Fatally beaten by soldiers in '05"
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/08/26/10613341-sun.html

Overwatch Downunder said:
and meanwhile an innocent homeless man is dead. There is no justice.

I'm in no way defending what these assholes did.  I think they should have the book thrown at them.
I'm told from a very credible source that the homeless man they killed wasn't a mind your own buisess down on their luck feel sorry for him kinda guy. He was known for being aggressive, violent and attacking people passing by in the street. The kinda guy you cross the street to avoid. 
Mix a violent agressive homeless man prone to physically harassing people with some young drunk men full of stupid passing by and, atleast I think, the randomness of the assault becomes a little more clear.

I was also told a day after the mans death his estranged wife whom apparently had not seem him in years, showed up at the armories shouting screaming an demanding money.

Still no excuse for what they did of course.

Flawed Design said:
I'm in no way defending what these assholes did.  I think they should have the book thrown at them.
I'm told from a very credible source that the homeless man they killed wasn't a mind your own buisess down on their luck feel sorry for him kinda guy. He was known for being aggressive, violent and attacking people passing by in the street. The kinda guy you cross the street to avoid. 
Mix a violent agressive homeless man prone to physically harassing people with some young drunk men full of stupid passing by and, atleast I think, the randomness of the assault becomes a little more clear.

I was also told a day after the mans death his estranged wife whom apparently had not seem him in years, showed up at the armories shouting screaming an demanding money.

Still no excuse for what they did of course.

He may have been, but when he was attacked he was sleeping ona park bench covered in plastic bags to keep the rain off.

They may have experienced him "being aggressive" earlier that evening. However, these reprobates sought him out, after going partying, and killed him three on one, like a pack of cowards that they were.

Tell your credible source, that these were not three angels that became a product of an unjust legal system.  The wilfully intended to do damage, and got off easy.

dileas

tess

I didn't know about the sleeping on a bench thing. I was only told how the man was well known in the area for being aggressive. I thought that maybe he tried to do something which set the assaulting me off. I was wrong. Looks like they went after him after the fact? 

I (and he) agree they got off easy.

Back