• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone who applies to the CF is given a "conditional" offer of enrolment.  Now you just need to meet those "conditions".  The most important "condition", is being given an "actual" offer of employment.

Hello, I was looking through the RMC website about their education, and I'm not sure if there are more education options or if what's on that list is it, but I want to become a pilot in the Air Force, so would Aeronautical Engineering be the best option for me? (I looked through this website to see if anyone answered my question, but every question wasn't quite what I wanted to know.)

I was also wondering if you could make or request a team/league. On the site, it lists some varsity teams and different sports teams, but they don't have baseball. So what I was wondering was if I could request a sports team such as baseball.

Thanks for all the replies upfront, appreciate every single one of them!

Justin Ko said:
Hello, I was looking through the RMC website about their education, and I'm not sure if there are more education options or if what's on that list is it, but I want to become a pilot in the Air Force, so would Aeronautical Engineering be the best option for me? (I looked through this website to see if anyone answered my question, but every question wasn't quite what I wanted to know.)

I was also wondering if you could make or request a team/league. On the site, it lists some varsity teams and different sports teams, but they don't have baseball. So what I was wondering was if I could request a sports team such as baseball.

Thanks for all the replies upfront, appreciate every single one of them!

While one used to be able to become a pilot with any degree, rumor has it they are only accepting pilots for engineering or science degree programs for ROTP. However, other than that the choice is yours. I recommend choosing an engineering discipline that you think you might enjoy. Of course Aeronautical would be the most "logical" and "consistent" with your trade, but you are not limited to that choice. There are plenty of pilot officer cadets here that are studying other disciplines of engineering. (Keep in mind, you do not pick your discipline/department until second year.)

In regards to sports, from what I remember, you can request to form teams if there are enough people wanting to play, however, I am unsure of the likelihood of you being successful.

Justin Ko said:
Hello, I was looking through the RMC website about their education, and I'm not sure if there are more education options or if what's on that list is it...

On the site, it lists some varsity teams and different sports teams, but they don't have baseball.

RMC has no secret, invitation-only course offerings, or Black Ops baseball teams.

Baseball (softball in the CAF) is considered a summer sport, so you'll be doing trade training instead of doing a baseball scholarship in the summer.

AirPeaches said:
While one used to be able to become a pilot with any degree, rumor has it they are only accepting pilots for engineering or science degree programs for ROTP. However, other than that the choice is yours. I recommend choosing an engineering discipline that you think you might enjoy. Of course Aeronautical would be the most "logical" and "consistent" with your trade, but you are not limited to that choice. There are plenty of pilot officer cadets here that are studying other disciplines of engineering. (Keep in mind, you do not pick your discipline/department until second year.)

In regards to sports, from what I remember, you can request to form teams if there are enough people wanting to play, however, I am unsure of the likelihood of you being successful.

Thanks for this incredible info!

Journeyman said:
RMC has no secret, invitation-only course offerings, or Black Ops baseball teams.

Oh, ok.

PuckChaser said:
Baseball (softball in the CAF) is considered a summer sport, so you'll be doing trade training instead of doing a baseball scholarship in the summer.

Thanks

Justin Ko said:
Thanks for this incredible info!
- recruiting info is based on "rumor has it..." (yes, with "rumour" misspelled);  sports advice phrased as "from what I remember...."

Perhaps focus on legitimate Recruiters' advice.... and focus on what's important (hint: baseball will be the least of your concerns).

Withdrawing once again from Recruiting threads.....  :not-again:  <-- me, no other posters.

Hey folks.

Some might remember my presence on this board about two years ago, some might not. Either way, a quick update on my progress. All the checks on my file have come back green and I was merit listed around 10 March. While I have not really heard anything since then, I remain cautiously optimistic as to my prospects, and I wish everyone good luck in selections.

ZeiGezunt said:
Hey folks.

Some might remember my presence on this board about two years ago, some might not. Either way, a quick update on my progress. All the checks on my file have come back green and I was merit listed around 10 March. While I have not really heard anything since then, I remain cautiously optimistic as to my prospects, and I wish everyone good luck in selections.

Long wait will be worth it soon!

ZeiGezunt said:
Hey folks.

You too man hopefully the long process will finally pay off!

Got a phone call this morning from the CFRC. I received my enrolment offer! BMOQ begins on the 4th of July.
After not being able to finish my application last year because of the crummy FBI taking so long, I couldn't be happier that I now have a slot at RMC. Good luck everyone, hopefully you get an offer soon!

Hi friends. Congratulations to everyone who has received their offer and good luck to anyone still waiting to hear. I got the call yesterday for ROTP at RMC and I accepted it. My BMOQ is July 11th. Anyone else have this start date?

Bradford_Maxwell said:
Got a phone call this morning from the CFRC. I received my enrolment offer! BMOQ begins on the 4th of July.
After not being able to finish my application last year because of the crummy FBI taking so long, I couldn't be happier that I now have a slot at RMC. Good luck everyone, hopefully you get an offer soon!

Congratulations. What position were you offered?

I was told I start on the 4th of July as well; however, no dates have been confirmed. I will see you there Bradford  :salute:

I'm just wondering when did you guys hand in your Medical Information roughly? Mine still hasn't gone through fully yet and I'm kinda of worried.

puckwhisperer said:
Hi friends. Congratulations to everyone who has received their offer and good luck to anyone still waiting to hear. I got the call yesterday for ROTP at RMC and I accepted it. My BMOQ is July 11th. Anyone else have this start date?

That date may change as they are estimates and only confirmed later. What position were you offered?

TylerBaller35 said:
I'm just wondering when did you guys hand in your Medical Information roughly? Mine still hasn't gone through fully yet and I'm kinda of worried.

Wow, congratz everybody! So the board has started giving out offers, eh?  :D I hope I get one too hehe :nod:

red12135875 said:
That date may change as they are estimates and only confirmed later. What position were you offered?
Thanks for the intel. I wonder how they decide who starts on which date. I was offered Pilot. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back