• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Training Before BMQ

caceres

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, sorry if this isn't worded correctly, but here I go anyways.

I was wondering if it is possible to train with the unit (training says, once a week), before we have completed BMQ?
Or do we have to wait a whole year to do BMQ and then train with the unit?

Thanks.
~Caceres :cdn: :salute:

This is for reserves.
And...My birthday is on September 20th, I'll turn 16. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks again.
~Caceres :salute: :cdn:

It depends on your unit, once your sworn in you may be able to train with your unit, or they might want you to complete BMQ before you start going down every week.

Since his unit only trains once a week I am going to assume he is asking for PRes.

At my unit Pte Recruits only train with us when we are not in the field because, as everyone knows, as soon as they leave the garrison they spontaneously combust! ;)

For your unit I can't give you an answer because well... I'm not a psychic. Call your unit and you will find your answer.

Edit: Sorry I type slow.

boehm said:
Since his unit only trains once a week I am going to assume he is asking for PRes.

I tend not to assume with people who don't use search functionality.

Again, depending on the unit. 

We  (4 RCR T Coy Stratford) take all sworn in applicants in our company and have them work with the platoon (trained troops).  It helps to give them insight into what we do and into army training in general.  It also helps to keep troops eager who may not be on course for some time.

kc

Back