• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Relax and Chill out!

vancouverite said:
Well said Mcpl. I am in the process of getting back into the CF. Long story. Lets just say, I was in previously for a yr with no training at all & paperwork wasn't done correctly, lol. What does MCC stand for in the selection process?

Vancouverite,

MCC stands for "Military Corporation Commttiee.

Good luck in your process!

Recruting Center: New West
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Sup Tech
Trade Choice 2: MSE op
Trade Choice 3: Steward
Application Date: June 2013(Online)
First Contact: July 18,2013
CFAT completed : June 17, 2012 (when i was reserves)
Medical/phys Completed: Aug 2, 2012 (waiting for new medical/phys)
Interview completed: Aug 14, 2012 (waiting for new interview)
Merit Listed: ......
Sworn in: .....
Basic Training Begins: never done it........

mrjasonc said:
Vancouverite,

MCC stands for "Military Corporation Commttiee.

Good luck in your process!

I think your thinking of the Military Cooperation Committee.....

But in the recruiting process it does stand for Military Career Counsellor.

I just need to throw out that this has been the most useful thread (to me) thus far. I didn't realize to what degree I was over analyzing until I read this post and the comments below. I can breathe a little now.

I am very thankful for this thread. Being 34 and trying to 'be ready for anything'. This thread has helped me realize it is not a scary ordeal, as some make it out.

Thank you for this thread, see anyone starting June 2nd soon.

This topic is BY FAR the most valuable read on this site.

Since I started my application process in January 2014, I have heard all sorts of advice and opinions ranging from "You are about to make the worst decision of your life"  "Good for you, and I thank you in advance for your service" "Your too old to start a military career" and everything in between. Some people are very positive. Some.... well, some I wont speak to anymore, as their attitude is negative, and ignorant.

I have had people tell me all sorts of 'cheat codes' for BMQ. Ghost shave kits..... Hidden parade boots.... sleep under your bed so you don't wrinkle the sheets..... Push this number code into the vending machine for free stuff..... All sorts of nonsense.

The best advice I have heard is "Keep your mouth shut. Listen to your instructors. Do as you are told at all times. Don't be a pussy. Never give up. Never be 'slack and idle'. Always look out for your brothers and sisters."

Seems pretty simple to me.

I expect this to be hard. To be honest, if I leave BMQ thinking it was easy.... I am going to seriously pi$$#d off. I am going into this new adventure as a 35 year old man. I am walking in with my eyes, and mind wide open. I look forward to the challenges ahead. After its all said and done.... I will be a new man. I'm ready.

See you June 14th.

Just wanted to add my thanks to those who have so graciously offered their thoughts and insights to this thread. A few observations:

For all the talk of ghost kit and cheat codes, I have been extremely impressed by how quickly these types of short cuts have been likened to dishonourable tactics. Beginning one's career with an ever-escalating program of subterfuge seems unworthy, especially within a context of honour and integrity. Thanks to those who so responded. It matters.

Questions and concerns that have been clearly posited to this forum from a position of semi-panic and obvious over-thinking have been handled with a certain professional grace, where ridicule and sarcasm could have just as easily been used. This is most gratifying. Keeping the butt-hurt to a minimum is never easy.

It is also mildly impressive the manner in which reality and concurrent experience is herein deployed against the sometimes unreasonable expectations and conclusions arrived at by the as-yet-uninitiated. Calm, clear, concise, and concrete information abounds from the efforts of those here in the know, and that is a gift of great worth.

I have received my travel orders and will be enrolled in a few days. I am a hale 43 years of age, and eager to begin. I shall do so bolstered by the information and insights gained from those who have gone before me, and who have so generously shared some of what they know in these fora.

Thank you once again.

paracowboy said:
If I sprain a follicle, will I be re-coursed?

YOU CAN SPRAIN YOUR HAIR FOLLICLE!!!!!  8)

;)
I just can't wait for this ride to begin!!
Thanks for all the fantastic advice :salute:

Back