• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replacing the Subs

I know the current favourite to replace the Vics are the Korean boats, but these would also do quite nicely, with their ultra modern systems:

I understand there are concerns about the Japanese lack of experience in exporting, but surely that's a problem that can be solved. They seem to have the industrial capability.

Last edited:
I know the current favourite to replace the Vics are the Korean boats, but these would also do quite nicely, with their ultra modern systems:

I understand there are concerns about the Japanese lack of experience in exporting, but surely that's a problem that can be solved. They seem to have the industrial capability.
One of the most important concerns regarding the Canadian Patrol Submarine Program is going to be the ability of the chosen partner to have everything move ahead relatively smoothly. There is also a need for this partner to liaison with Canadian industry in order to set up the required infrastructure, resources and supply lines in order for us to maintain, refit and repair these boats domestically on both coasts. Japan has a very competitive submarine from all that I have heard and Canada is definitely interested however, Japanese institutional and industrial experience with military export programs are effectively nil. This is something we have to seriously take into consideration as it could cause countless issues for Canada in a program where we are already behind and cannot afford setbacks.

Serious question about the VIC’s. Is there any way that we can get them out and doing the business, reliably, to take some of the strain off the CPF fleet? I know they don’t fill the same roles, but in instances where they might fit?

Back