• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Res Force Pay

Leeworthy

Inactive
Reaction score
I have heard rumor lately from a lot of people saying that Class B reserve mbrs are going to be paid the same as reg force soon.. Has anyone heard anymore on this? Or is it just that, rumor?

Leeworthy said:
I have heard rumor lately from a lot of people saying

Didn't you answer your last question yourself?

Make it easy on yourself...next person that says it, ask them for the reference, CANFORGEN, etc that states that.

Yes, it would ber very interesting.. I have searched the DIN myself and have come up empty. But, that's not to say it isnt true.. We all know how well the DIN actually works.

Rumour.

Not fact.

No basis in fact.

People engaging in "If I say it often enough it will come true!"

But not fact.

Were any change in pay be implemented, it would be on the DIN under Chief of Miltiary Personnel - Director General Compensation and Benefits - Director Pay Policy Development.

A quick look will show that there's no such announcement.

However, if you want the same pay as the Regular Force, there's always the Component Transfer option - but then you'll be subject to the same liability to serve.

Leeworthy said:
Yes, it would ber very interesting.. I have searched the DIN myself and have come up empty. But, that's not to say it isnt true.. We all know how well the DIN actually works.

You don't trust the DIN, but you'll accept the word of someone on a website that is not a DND sponsored site.

haha, who says im accepting the words brought forth here as final...

You know the saying, I don't know the answer but I will find out for you.. Thats basically what I am doing. Several calls placed to DPPD have gone un-returned, so, hoping that there are other RMS Clk's using this site as a means of information and questions is what brought me here!

DPPD won't take your calls.  You have this funny thing alled a Chain of Command.  It goes up from your unit, though your superior formations, up to a national HQ, which in turn is authorised to liaise with national agencies such as DPPD.

If everyone in Ottawa had to answer every phone call from every unit, they would enver accomplish anything, and would spend all their time answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Your chain of command can consolidate questions and send them up, or share information they have previously received.  It's really quite a remarkable system.

Leeworthy said:

The DIN works fine for me and many others (the search engine sucks IMO but...use some operators and its ok).

Maybe it is a PEBCAK error.   ;D

The last pay/allowances/benefits increase announcement came by way (officially, that is) of a CANFORGEN by the CDS.  Maybe you should watch for one of those...but I wouldn't wait.  As long as the TOS for the Res and Reg have the delta they do, I don't suspect you will see the TB decided to go with Class A and Class C pay and eliminate Class B.

dapaterson said:
DPPD won't take your calls.  You have this funny thing alled a Chain of Command.  It goes up from your unit, though your superior formations, up to a national HQ, which in turn is authorised to liaise with national agencies such as DPPD.

If everyone in Ottawa had to answer every phone call from every unit, they would enver accomplish anything, and would spend all their time answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Your chain of command can consolidate questions and send them up, or share information they have previously received.  It's really quite a remarkable system.

the funny thing about my unit, I AM the person who makes the calls to NDHQ on behalf of my mbrs.  Being the SOR Supr that is what my job entails.

Posted on: Today at 15:05:18Posted by: Eye In The Sky 
Insert Quote
Quote from: Leeworthy on Today at 14:27:28

The DIN works fine for me and many others (the search engine sucks IMO but...use some operators and its ok).

Maybe it is a PEBCAK error.   

LOL yes, DIN works fine, it is the Search Engine that bites the royal.... Google works much better.

Let's be honest here.....
Reservists who voluntter for service overseas are placed on class C service and are paid all the pay, allowances & benefits of a Reg, for the duration of their authorized period of duty.
Reservists who are on class A or B in their area who are not preparing for overseas service ARE NOT employable/deployable at the beck and call of the service.... and that is part of the reason for the 15% difference in pay...
Reservists are paid 85% of Reg pay scales.  On class A service, they are paid their 85% per day PLUS (+) 9% in lieu of vacation for same said day = 94% of Reg pay....
While I wish your rumour would be true..... I have serious doubts that it is possible - let alone probable.

Leeworthy said:
You know the saying, I don't know the answer but I will find out for you.. Thats basically what I am doing. Several calls placed to DPPD have gone un-returned, so, hoping that there are other RMS Clk's using this site as a means of information and questions is what brought me here!

I would be slightly worried if the clerks at my unit were seeking pay advice on a non-dnd, non-official website. Use the chain of command, in your case the clerks at your Bde HQ. Or as stated, the DIN/DWAN,  if there's nothing there then chances are....

nothing is there!

Leeworthy said:
the funny thing about my unit, I AM the person who makes the calles to NDHQ on behalf of my mbrs.  Being the SOR Supr that is what my job entails.

I don't know what CBG HQ  your unit is subordinate to, but the CBG HQ I worked in had a Superintendent (spelling?) Clerk that was the Snr RMS Clerk for the Bde, who was a Reg Force MWO/CPO2.

I honestly don't even know what a GBC HQ is.. Im assuming you mean WHQ.

Like I stated before, Im not using this "non affliated" site for hard information, but more for a network to try and inquire. In hopes that maybe someone else would have heard some of this information if it had been true and maybe have a link to something that I was not able to source! It can happen.

Thanks for the info.

Leeworthy said:
I honestly don't even know what a GBC HQ is.. Im assuming you mean WHQ.

CBG = Canadian Brigade Group.  When you said "SOR Supr" I immediately thought Armour or Engineers....never thought Air Reserve.

Ahh okay I see.

And SOR stands for Squadron Orderly Room. I am reg force. But we have reservists who work in my unit.. They are the ones inquiring..

geo said:
*snip*...Reservists are paid 85% of Reg pay scales.  On class A service, they are paid their 85% per day PLUS (+) 9% in lieu of vacation for same said day = 94% of Reg pay....
While I wish your rumour would be true..... I have serious doubts that it is possible - let alone probable.

I would ask that we please be careful. When working class B or class C, do you add your annual leave into your daily pay? So adding the 9% PILL (Pay in Lieu of Leave) into regular class A pay is not a valid way of suggesting 94% of RegF pay. Civilian employers must pay vacation pay to part-time staff, and PILL is the class A equivalent.

Leeworthy said:
Ahh okay I see.

And SOR stands for Squadron Orderly Room. I am reg force. But we have reservists who work in my unit.. They are the ones inquiring..

Yes, that is why I thought Armour or Engineers, who also have Squadrons/SORs.  ;)

Leeworthy said:
Ahh okay I see.

And your squadron belongs to a wing, that belongs to 1 CAD, that is under CAS - who are the ones (A1) who should call DPPD on your behalf.

Copying from a Canadian Forces Organizational Order from an Air Force squadron,

CHANNELS OF COMMUNICATION SHALL FOLLOW THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND CONTROL, EXCEPT THE COMMANDING OFFICER IS AUTHORIZED TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH SUPPORTING UNITS ON MATTERS OF SUPPORT AND WITH NDHQ STAFF ON THE SUBJECT OF INDIVIDUAL PERSONNEL CAREER MANAGEMENT

Seems pretty straight forward, no?

Eye In The Sky said:
Yes, that is why I thought Armour or Engineers, who also have Squadrons/SORs.  ;)

Ahh, but our Squadrons - being sub-units of the Regiment - don't have Orderly Rooms. We have RORs, not SORs.  ;)

Back