• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves recruit on medication

elderly2

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi! I have hurdled two important barriers into becoming a full-pledged Reserve: the aptitude exam and security clearance. The only thing that prevents me, I think, of becoming one of the Reserves is "seeing the doctor in the appropriate military base". I am on psychiatric medication. Hence, I have to sleep early to be able to wake up at 5 a.m. to pass the BMQ. Is there no other way I can do this? What if I train only during Wednesdays and Thursdays? or late morning Saturdays and Sundays?  My mind is in turmoil at 5 in the morning because of medication. I will not be able to concentrate and chances are the more I will get yelled at. Please help me.

Medical questions like that are best left to the professionals.  This isn't the place for those kind of answers.

Training does not revolve around you.  It's the other way around.

If you are indeed on medication as you say, you are required to disclose such at your medical appointment. Don't put the cart before the horse. Finish your enrollment process first and worry about training later.

elderly2 said:
  My mind is in turmoil at 5 in the morning because of medication. I will not be able to concentrate and chances are the more I will get yelled at. Please help me.

You don't get to make your own hours. If your medication makes it you cannot function after late nights & early mornings, you need to go work somewhere other than the CF.

Back