• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retroactive Posting Allowance-Must Read For Those Posted On or Since April 2003

exgunnertdo

Inactive
Reaction score
Just got forwarded this link from a friend.  http://www.irp-pri.com/newsEvents.cfm?x=6%3CF9W8%28%5E4H%3E%27%2C%2D%3D3WNO%2C%3ER8Y2%229G4%28%40%20%20%0A

In a nutshell - it says that the CF has requested that RLRS pay additional Posting Allowance to "eligible members", and it affects members posted on or after April 2003.  Not many other details on the site, but there's a link to register.

Did a search and didn't find it - but the policy is dated Jan 5/08, so it seems really new!

Sounds like good news...

Edit to add:  The link doesn't work from a DWAN computer (according to the source), but you can do it from home.  There is also a phone number - 1-888-599-5550, and they will take care of checking to see if you're eligible.

Curious to see when this will be announced/acknowledged through offcial channels (CANFORGEN or other) as I would suspect this affect a very very large group of people.

Edit: Link works from my DWAN.

Thanks for posting this.  I hit the link and to my surprise it worked and I will be getting some funds. 

Your point about when this will be formally announced is very valid.  I will have an RO entry done for my unit.

3VP Highlander said:
I will have an RO entry done for my unit.
I would not personally recommend you do that as no official DND/CF policy/guidance/instruction to this effect has yet been released. RLRS/CFIRP can post whatever they want on their site, but they do not dictate policy and such.

This is not to mention that you do not yet have the details as whom exactly this will apply and how. Posting this in RO's would only create confusion amongst personnel not to mention create headaches for yourself when you cannot answer their questions.

I suspect (key word there - SUSPECT) that CBI 205.52 para 6 is what will be changing - the "retro pay increases do not apply" provision.  But I can't see anything from DCBA about this, so I would also wait before hitting "Print" for an entry in the ROs.  (Though I might type up a draft and have it ready to insert into the ROs once I get confirmation)...

Policy on this is currently being distributed through the units with a mention that a CANFORGEN will be issued in Jan 2008.

Nothing else on either CBI 205.52 or CFAO 205-31 being amended as of yet.

I was posted twice in 2005, this should put a few dollars in my bank account.

I did this, and the money wasn't much; however, for two minute's of typing and clicking on the internet, 65 bucks is 65 bucks!  :D

exgunnertdo said:
Just got forwarded this link from a friend.  http://www.irp-pri.com/newsEvents.cfm?x=6%3CF9W8%28%5E4H%3E%27%2C%2D%3D3WNO%2C%3ER8Y2%229G4%28%40%20%20%0A

In a nutshell - it says that the CF has requested that RLRS pay additional Posting Allowance to "eligible members", and it affects members posted on or after April 2003.  Not many other details on the site, but there's a link to register.

Did a search and didn't find it - but the policy is dated Jan 5/08, so it seems really new!

Sounds like good news...

Edit to add:  The link doesn't work from a DWAN computer (according to the source), but you can do it from home.  There is also a phone number - 1-888-599-5550, and they will take care of checking to see if you're eligible.

Oh isn't that special.

I've recd 3 postings allowances since April 2003. Interesting that.

Score --- a few more X Large blacks for me!!  ;)  :)

Looks like I'll have to take a trip in to see RLSS ...

I scored the last two postings and printed off the results for the retro, but it apparently has no record of my posting allowance for Oct 2003.

Nor my husbands.

I'll be getting that sorted tomorrow.

Yippee!  Hubby and I are getting $62.00 and $58.50 respectively.  That'll pay for a few at the Kingston Brew Pub!  :cheers:

I entered my service number and it said I wasn't entitled to sweet-F__k-all

Even though I was posted from Ottawa to Halifax in 2005.

I checked the 11 Add as per the instructions.

Any suggestions?

HFXCrow said:
I entered my service number and it said I wasn't entitled to sweet-F__k-all

Even though I was posted from Ottawa to Halifax in 2005.

I checked the 11 Add as per the instructions.

Any suggestions?

That's how my husbands came up too. Perhaps it's a glitch and it's picking up postings only somewhere after that date. It didn't pick up mine from 2003, and that when my husband was last posted.

It did pick up the two posting I've had since your date though.

Perhaps even, when the CANFORGEN comes out -- we may find that the April 03 date was not approved and it may have only been approved for retro as of Apr 06 etc. I guess we'll have to wait for the message.

Nice one.  Thanks Exgunner - bucks is bucks and I got 122 of 'em!! 

Vern - Your domain??  When did THAT happen? ???

BinRat55 said:
Vern - Your domain??  When did THAT happen? ???

Didn't you hear?  She's Queen of the Universe.  Everything is her domain!  ;)

;D

You're still ACES in my book Vern - If eventually it means me working for you again someday (i'll be back next year by-the-way - tell Bill to get the beer cold  ;) ) i'll live in your domain!!  You're a hoot.

If I get any money back I am donating to the "Enhance ArmyVern Fund"

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/66228.30.html

Back