• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Cadet Lee Burym Killed in Accident

recceguy said:
I gotta wonder though, what was he doing tabogganing at 05:00, in the dark?

Probably getting one last laugh in before the hell of 1st year exam routine. Tango always had a lot of tobogganers, shoot, we even had Flight tobboggan T-shirts back in 88.

RIP :cdn:

As a friend of Lee's i'd like to thank everyone on here for their condoloences.
The funeral was held today, and around 400(ish) people attended.
The service was done well, and many friends and family saw a good man put to rest today.

My fireteam partner... Good times, covering each other's asses from crazy Sgt's and MCpl's. Always a good man, in garrison or in the 'Nham (Farnham). Definitely gonna miss him.

Guy. E said:
out having a good time with his frends.
althoe be it at an odd hour..

Not an odd hour at all.  It happened an hour or two after the Christmas Ball.  Either you were still pumped up, or you were passed out.

What a waste of a perfectly good life....apparently my WO1 knew him...RIP :cdn:

pi-r-squared said:
Not an odd hour at all.   It happened an hour or two after the Christmas Ball.   Either you were still pumped up, or you were passed out.

Not to bemoan his death, but your telling me the Ball ended at 03:00-04:00? Contrary to DND policy? And there were no Duty pers, contrary to the CANLANGEN issued in Sept, regarding the same?

Hi,

I was on the security team for the ball.  The ball ended at 0200 and there were 15 Ocdts on duty, plus one MP and 4 Commissionaires.  I can attest that although the ball ended at 0200, the partying certainly did not.  For the Lee I knew, 0500 was not an odd hour for an 18-year-old to be having fun.  Has it been for any of us?

i was that one MP on duty.  My partner and I were the first two people on the scene.  We did all we could.

k_town said:
i was that one MP on duty.  My partner and I were the first two people on the scene.  We did all we could.

That is very comforting to hear, thank you

Back