• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ronda Rousey's MMA dominance comes to an end - Holm's KO

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/HuffPostSports/status/665769653717884928?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We often grow stronger from "de-feet"  :nod:  Maybe Ronda should hold off on the talk about beating up on Floyd Mayweather.  Boxers like Holly Holm have striking power and endurance.

RR would destroy him in MMA. Boxing is his bread and butter and would wipe the floor with her. Apples and oranges

Sheep Dog AT said:
RR would destroy him in MMA. Boxing is his bread and butter and would wipe the floor with her. Apples and oranges

Floyd has made a career of not getting hit, and counter punching. Holly Holm just proved that Rousey cannot stand and trade, and as soon as she gets hit she starts to panic. Holm put on a striking clinic. I'm not saying Mayweather could go right into MMA, but with the right training, his boxing base would make him devastating.

Rousey really showed her inexperience and "one-trick-pony" style. She was taken down, had a takedown defended, and failed at an armbar. She needs to re-evaluate her camp and get more rounded skills if she wants a comeback.

PuckChaser said:
Floyd has made a career of not getting hit, and counter punching. Holly Holm just proved that Rousey cannot stand and trade, and as soon as she gets hit she starts to panic. Holm put on a striking clinic. I'm not saying Mayweather could go right into MMA, but with the right training, his boxing base would make him devastating.

Rousey really showed her inexperience and "one-trick-pony" style. She was taken down, had a takedown defended, and failed at an armbar. She needs to re-evaluate her camp and get more rounded skills if she wants a comeback.

Yep!

Frank Shamrock used to say "You can be best the best wrestler, submission artist ever but the quickest way to win a fight is to knock someone out"

Ronda Rousey reminded me a lot of Brock Lesnar last night, great grappler, wrestler and beast of an athlete but couldn't take a punch from a proper boxer/kickboxer.  Randy Couture was the first guy to expose Lesnar and then Shane Carwin showed everyone else the way.  Brock never liked being hit and once people knew that they could pick him apart.

Cyborg would crush Rousey if they fought, one of the reasons Rousey didn't want to go up in weight to fight her.

I don't follow it much, but I found that when she was on talk shows, etc she was pretty cocky and talked down on her opponents a lot to the point of demeaning them. That stuff belongs at the pre fight conference, not on Jimmy Kimmel.

"Beware the wrath of a quiet man"
- Chinese Proverb

"Keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them."
- Anonymous

Just finished reading an interview with Holm after the fight. It was a classic example of exploiting your opponent's weaknesses against them.

They knew Rousey was going to come out agressive and try and force her will on Holm. So they trained for that, planned for the aggression, and waited for an opening. Holm absorbed the hits Rousey gave her while she was up against the cage, then used her footwork to keep Rousey moving, taking hits all the while, until Rousey gave her an opening, and she connected with right fist and then the roundhouse to the head.

Back