• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Very true, it makes total sense. Might as well fill all available spots at RMC before letting people go to civi-u.

I had never really thought about how much fixed cost could be involved in such an establishment. We wouldn't want to
waste taxpayers dollars especially with DND budget compressions.

Update for anyone who cares or is in a similar situation-

I got an e-mail from my file manager (after requesting a transfer to civ u) that said they're not subsidizing anyone for civ u if the program can be taught at RMC.  There is some confusion for those students currently enrolled at Civ U who got offered RMC/CMR though, and I'm not sure what the resolution there will be.  Probably case by case if I were to guess.

So I'm going to CMR then to RMC.  If you got offered CMR, then you probably are too.

Best of luck for those still waiting!

Still no news from CFRC Saskatoon and they promised me a call yesterday. Once again, I shall give them until 14:30 and then try phoning them.

Alright, so I just called CFRC and I wasn't picked up on the first round.

Good luck to everyone else !

So I phoned CFRC Saskatoon, asking them what the deal was. I learned that they have yet to receive all the relevant information from Ottawa, and they can't contact anyone until they have all the information they need. That's the way it goes, I guess, the West gets everything last.

Here's hoping you all get contacted soon!  :salute:

I was wondering what actually happens during the Recruit Camp. From what I understand, or have heard at least, it's just two weeks full of "Welcome to the CF, shape up or ship out." Would that be about right?

I received a call today from CFRC Kitchener congratulating me on my acceptance! I will be attending a CiviU for Nursing since it is not offered at the RMC. They did not yet know what element I would be placed into or have an enrollment date for me.

I was told today that recruit camp this year would be three weeks at RMCC.

Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted so far!

From what I heard, you will be learning drill movements and doing some intense PT.
Drill movements will probably include:

-Drill on the March
-Timings of the movements
Etc...

Everything up too Weapons Drill which will be taught at BMOQ. I heard the PT was pretty rough also, a-lot of push-ups for the kids who were not ready for them and I think they also do an express test. There are some Officer Cadets who had the opportunity to take the small course.

So you're saying that preparing early is highly recommended?
Ex, running, pushups, situps, pullups.
This is what i'm doing, at least. As many as I can, until failure.
Might start kicking it up a bit more if there's going to be an emphasis on PT.

2011Applicant said:
So you're saying that preparing early is highly recommended?
Ex, running, pushups, situps, pullups.
This is what i'm doing, at least. As many as I can, until failure.

Yes prepare in advance. Trust me it will be easier on you when you get here if your already in shape.

For all those interested in knowing, this years Recruit Camp is likely going to be run from the CFLRS aka the Mega.

yoman said:
For all those interested in knowing, this years Recruit Camp is likely going to be run from the CFLRS aka the Mega.
That is in St-Jean correct?
I assume we also have to find our own transportation there.

2011Applicant said:
That is in St-Jean correct?
I assume we also have to find our own transportation there.

You NEVER find your own transportation in the CF.  You DO NOT go anywhere without travel docs.  These will be issued to you most likely on enrollment/swearing in.  You may, in certain circumstances, choose the mode of transportation you wish take, however, when it comes to initial training, they choose for you.  Remember, the CF now owns you, and you go nowhere without their permission. 

yoman said:

I was just told today during my acceptance phone call that Recruit Camp would be at the Royal Military College in Kingston. How did you hear that it would be at CFLRS in St. Jean?

Ottawa and East of there were at St Jean this summer while West of there were at kingston with one exception I know of. That may still be the case for this year.

VeryMerry said:
I was just told today during my acceptance phone call that Recruit Camp would be at the Royal Military College in Kingston. How did you hear that it would be at CFLRS in St. Jean?

Staff at RMC.

Rogo said:
Ottawa and East of there were at St Jean this summer while West of there were at kingston with one exception I know of. That may still be the case for this year.

It was also mentioned that CMR may act as a second Recruit Camp location if CFLRS cannot accommodate all the new ROTP students this summer.

I must also stress that nothing is 100% official until its written down and distributed to the recruiting centres.

To all those accepted so far, congratulations.

As mentioned previously, get in shape. You have a few good months of summer to
train and get ready.
The PT at the last recruit camp injured those who were not yet in shape.
Some mornings were rough, I won't lie but it can be done with good preparation.

And yes we did do an Express test on the Wednesday or Thursday of our second week.

For physical preparation, I'm playing on a rugby team, which practices twice a week, as well as running and doing calisthenics daily. I'm up to about a 4km run, with push-ups, sit-ups and jumping jacks at intervals throughout my run. Generally what I do is run a block on my route (I run along a city road), drop to the ground and do 10 push-ups, run another block, 10 sit-ups, another black, 10 jumping jacks, and so forth, for about 4km. And I'm taking swimming lessons as well.

VeryMerry said:

The biggest thing I took away from my own enrollment is that no one really has any clue what is going on until you have the piece of paper telling you where you will be going.

My recruit camp was happening in July, August, end of August, start of August, in Kingston, at CMR, at the Mega, and it changed weekly.

2011Applicant said:
Trust me, start kicking it up a bit more.  That or withdraw your application.

Technoviking said:
Trust me, start kicking it up a bit more.  That or withdraw your application.

Hey, if I am accepted, what kind of physical objective should I try to work towards before going to St. Jean? I already outlined my average workout above. And my trade choices are Infantry, Armour and Artillery. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Back