• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rucksacks weight limit.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Myself and a few others bought the Lowe Alpine Saracen after trying some on which were bought by our members who partook int he Cambrian patrol.

Amazing rucksacks.  What digs into my shoulder and gives me a sore back with the CTS ruck I can't even feel with the Saracen. 75 lbs feels like 40. The rucksack just hugs your back perfectly.

Anyways, it's quite a bit lighter than the CTS ruck.  While putting weights in the ruck I noticed the back support and metal bars of the Saracen feel almost flimsy.  Not exactly flimsy but enough to make me wonder how much weight I could put in there without anything on the ruck getting deformed or bent out of shape. (Obviously taking into consideration what I can carry without getting torqued as well).  there didn't seem like a lot of material between your back and the rucksack if that makes sense.

Does anyone know if the Saracen has any sort of weight limit or anything?  Is the lighter design more of an illusion?  As in it's lighter, seemingly a bit flimsy but can carry whatever?

Does the CF CTS ruck have a recommended weight limit?

Grimaldus said:
Does anyone know if the Saracen has any sort of weight limit or anything?  Is the lighter design more of an illusion?  As in it's lighter, seemingly a bit flimsy but can carry whatever?

It will hold what ever you can fit in it. Easily over 100lbs. The only things I have seen break on them is the plastic buckles. The zippers on the side pouches are kinda flimsy too. Other than that it's a decent ruck.

Not to derail this thread overmuch, but did your team actually take the Saracen on the Cambrian Patrol?

I personally despise the CTS ruck. Originally liked it, but having gone back to the '82 webbing and a '64 frame/'82 bag for this year's Cambrian Patrol, I will never willingly contend with the CTS ruck outside of administrative moves again.

I can tell you for a fact that the CTS ruck can securely hold one (1) 135 lb infanteer for a not insignifact duration. Not the most comfortable carry, I assure you, but nothing broke on the actual ruck!

Back