• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running partner in Dartmouth NS ???

Angel_eyes

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey !!!

I'm a female from Dartmouth NS looking for another/other females in the Dartmouth area who would like to run together. Ive just started running and so far I'm doing 2k. So if your running about the same distance let me know ! I know i should be at 5k before attending bmq and that's where I plan to be !!!

Hope to hear from some of you soon  :)

Angel_eyes said:
Ive just started running and so far I'm doing 2k. So if your running about the same distance let me know ! I know i should be at 5k before attending bmq and that's where I plan to be !!!

I'm sorry, but I believe this statement to be incorrect. I would not call the ability to complete a 5km run where you should be, I would consider that distance where you need to be. As in, if I were to pick out a bare minimum running distance that might allow someone to graduate basic training, I might pick there. But if at the end of that 5km run, you don't have any gas in your tank, you are in trouble. Almost certainly, sometime during your basic training, you'll be expected to do three loops of the base, which I just mapped out to be approximately 7.5 km.

You may very well be able to pass your EXPRES test, or at least the running portion. But, you will find the physicals challenges of basic training extremely difficult, and may very well as a result be recoursed for other reasons (Injury, lack of concentration due to fatigue, etc). At the very least, if you are the one that your platoon needs to continually loop back to get during morning PT, resulting in them running 9 km to your 7.5, you're not likely to receive as much co-operation from them.

I urge you, please do not make the mistake of heading towards basic training with your physical fitness levels at the bare minimum.

A-e: Give the Navy Tridents Triathlon club a go. http://www.navytridents.ca/ they hang out at the CFB Shearwater Pool. Go for a run and see who's out doing your pace at either of the Canoe Clubs (I think there are 3 around Lake Banook) or scoot over to Shubie Park and see who's doing what there. A brief pleasant introduction will likely garner you a positive responce. The Running Rooms in Halifax/Bedford will have groups happening that may Interest you. Search this site under "resources" http://www.runnovascotia.ca/  and you'll have lots of choices. Power on.

-Neil

gcclarke said:
I'm sorry, but I believe this statement to be incorrect. I would not call the ability to complete a 5km run where you should be, I would consider that distance where you need to be. As in, if I were to pick out a bare minimum running distance that might allow someone to graduate basic training, I might pick there. But if at the end of that 5km run, you don't have any gas in your tank, you are in trouble. Almost certainly, sometime during your basic training, you'll be expected to do three loops of the base, which I just mapped out to be approximately 7.5 km.

You may very well be able to pass your EXPRES test, or at least the running portion. But, you will find the physicals challenges of basic training extremely difficult, and may very well as a result be recoursed for other reasons (Injury, lack of concentration due to fatigue, etc). At the very least, if you are the one that your platoon needs to continually loop back to get during morning PT, resulting in them running 9 km to your 7.5, you're not likely to receive as much co-operation from them.

I urge you, please do not make the mistake of heading towards basic training with your physical fitness levels at the bare minimum.

Now that the obligatory, time honoured pissing on of the camp fire is out of the way, good on ya for getting out there and getting moving, and good idea looking for a partner.  It's way harder to blow it off when someone is chewing your arse over it.

Haha thanks Kat !
Also Biathloneil, thanks for all your info. I totally appreciate it

Not a female but a male, trying to get back into the habit of running again.  I live beside Lake Binook, let me know if there is a running group going...

Back