• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

runningmap.com

Meridian

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know how accurate this tool is?  I mean...  it seems to round to the nearest 10 metres, and that's pretty specific, I would guess. 

Thnx!

Very handy... looks accurate based on my car's odometer.

I figured as much, but would hate to be thinking I'm running 8K when its really only 5.  Though I suppose I should be able to tell the difference.

looks very accurate, except for the elevation tool, was telling me i was going between a 30 m elevation change when i know its maybe 1 or 2 :)

but a great site and a great find, definatly better then sitting on googlemaps with a ruler trying to guesstimate how long a run around my block is :)

That is a very handy looking site.  I use something similar and I just compared my running route from last night and it came out the same on both sites.  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Scott

That's the one I use too Gardiners. It's supposed to be accurate to about 10m or so from what I hear in other circles that also use it. (and that's close enough for me)

I have found it to be an invaluable tool especially since it lets you map through parks, shortcuts etc.

Depending on how up to date the map is, use the hybrid map and compare the roads to the satellite map and make sure it's right. It's not 100% up to date for Kelowna, but going that route I can sort it out.

I have used Gmap's pedometer before however i like this runningmap's one, i find it easier to use :)

I used googlemaps and this just seems to be a heck of a lot easier, thanks for sharing!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Very handy... looks accurate based on my car's odometer.

It is.. I"ve done the same route each day with my work detail.. and it is pretty bang on.
Great link.. I love it.

I use google earth; its fast, easy and accurate. I've checked it against my car and a proper map and it's spot on. It also loads fast and has a better interface for map manipulation than rm.com .

I found the scale on google to be out to lunch at times.

Just used it to track my daily run, and it came out to be pretty much the same. Pretty neat site!

Excellent, glad some people enjoy(ed) it.  Sure helps to have an actual idea of how far you are running, especially as it does seem to calculate my run through the park (though its a straight run, and not on curvy-type paths). 

The other thing I like about these sites it that they give you new ideas of places to run.  My regular route is getting a bit boring....

I use Gmaps, but I found this one was slightly easier to use, and has a few better features as well. 
A great website, thanks for posting the link, definitely using this from now on.

Back