• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Safariland Holsters

Laps

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, read thru many posts and noticed that the Safariland holster (that and the Blackhawk...) is the best option for our trusty ol' BHP.  Now, I went to some of the most reputable stores in Edmonton and none carried the model required.  I am now asking you, folks, to help me find stores that currently have some in stock - or can easily bring SF 6004/5 holsters in - and also where the prices are best.

So far, I have

- Nicholls that sells them for $129 but won't ship for 4-6 + weeks;
- DStactical for $180+, and;
- None on e-bay.

Thanks in advance.

Laps

(unrelated topic, but so far, what is the policy of the TF 3-08 bosses WRT kit?)

copquest.com  Look up safariland 6004 BHP in google.  IThey've got it it a whole bunch of fancy colours and sizes.  Its an American company so the shipping might cost you.  They go for about $120 USD.  My room mate ordered one through the US post office on camp and there were no taxes and shipping was like $10.

Later
AB

Laps said:
Ok, read thru many posts and noticed that the Safariland holster (that and the Blackhawk...) is the best option for our trusty ol' BHP.  Now, I went to some of the most reputable stores in Edmonton and none carried the model required.  I am now asking you, folks, to help me find stores that currently have some in stock - or can easily bring SF 6004/5 holsters in - and also where the prices are best.

So far, I have

- Nicholls that sells them for $129 but won't ship for 4-6 + weeks;
- DStactical for $180+, and;
- None on e-bay.

Thanks in advance.

Laps

(unrelated topic, but so far, what is the policy of the TF 3-08 bosses WRT kit?)

Hah!

So you've finally broken down, have you?

I got mine from Nicholl - and it took a couple of months, way beyond what they promised.

If you'd told me earlier, I could have checked their Toronto shop on Wednesday.

See you on Sunday...

Loachman: would I have known then what I know now, I would have.  Oh well.  I'll try what I currently have during EX MG and see if it is acceptable to work as a KAFasaurus; otherwise it will be shopping time.

Cheers!!

KAFasaurus might cause you a little bit of problems in wearing a non-issue holster, unless they laxed the rules in the last few months (fingers crossed). Just grow out your hair and don't wear rank or nametag, then you'll look like a SpecOps ninja and no one will bother you.  ;D

We will have the Blackhawk SERPA instock for the Browning (1911) in about a week.  Check out the prices on the site  ;D

Skip the Serpa.

I have been forced into using one for the entity I work for found a good deal on them and so we got forced to wear it in the name of uniformity  ::)  Bad enough I forced out of my 1911 -and into a Grock, but the SERPA has me ready to ship all my stuff to Virigina and take up knitting.

LOL, you leave the CF and its uniformity only to have to adopt it in your new adventures.  The more things change the more they same the same.

I did not really listen to the CF's uniformity policy either though -- I'm just wating for my 6004 for G19 and X200 wings its way from Florida.
  However a Full Col did apprently find my bunkspace filthy today  ::)

Laps, just tell anyone and every one that asks you that you are trialing kit, and they'll move on. Make sure you give them an indignant look and add "what, you didn't get picked?" ;D

MedTech said:
Laps, just tell anyone and every one that asks you that you are trialing kit, and they'll move on. Make sure you give them an indignant look and add "what, you didn't get picked?" ;D

Hey!! That's my line!!!

And it has worked...

Did you try holsters.com for safariland? The site says it will either get you in touch with local distributors or send you one directly from safariland.
<s>You could also try daves surplus @ dstactical.com (out of B.C.)</s>

There seems to be more blackhawk dealers. <s>dstactial.com</s> has them as well as apsdistributors.ca

(edited for spelling and for mentioning seller already visited)

Laps, I hear the Bianchi POS' flap can vibrate open and dump your piece in between the pedals...not good.  Also, the Hawaii 5-O armpit special may cut off blood flow to your arms because of the seat -- sounds like a justified op reqr to have a good drop-leg rig...6004 be it.

G2G

mudgunner49 said:
Hey!! That's my line!!!

And it has worked...

Yeah and you've got the thick gold bars to stand behind that  ;D

Thanks all for the updates.  I just gor back from Wainwright and found that anyone had just about their own varianst of holsters... I believe I might have seen more Safarilands and Serpas than issued Bianchis. 

No need to convince about not flying with the Bianchis, I have given it a try for about a 10 minute flight and I never wore it afterward...

So - do you want one? Jack's on the verge of crumbling, too, and I plan to stop into Nicholls in the next few days. PM oe e-mail me if you do.

I know that Mil Arms Co in Edmonton does sell some safariland gear, but they don't have any 6004s in stock. And I heard an interesting story why.

Apparently last August, Safariland was aquired by BAE Systems. Since then, they've been re-vetting authorized dealers and holding off on sending stock across the border.

In looking them up I noticed that BAE also owns Bianci and Hatch, amongst others.

Beadwindow7: That's the story that the dude at Milarm told me too.  Although not a regular, I drop by Milarm from time to time and always enjoy listening to the "Int Briefs" provided by those guys ??? I suppose this is a "take some, leave some" situation.  I'll see if Loachdude can get me one through Nicholls, that way he won't be the only SWAT-GiJOE looking guy as part of our troop ;D

Fair enough. What I'm wondering, with the aquisition by BAE, if the stocks from any of the other dealers are down as well.

FYI - the US Army is buying them hand over fist for the Beretta M9's -- so the majority of their production is M9 specific -- as well as US DOS and DOD contracts for the Glocks are tying up a lot as well. 

BAE is likely trying to rationalize their distrubtion network rather than intentionally slight Canadian distributors -- secondly since they are not a controlled item -- one can order them from vendors in the USA online...