• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Saluting in between bugle calls

pi-r-squared

Inactive
Reaction score
I've read the CFP 201 where it states that the salute begins and terminates at the first and last of the "Last Post" and "Rouse."   Now, is the salute maintained during the Bagpipe Lament such as "Flowers of the Forest?"   This question is really bothering me because I didn't salute the Lament, but all the CIC Officers around me had saluted during the Lament.

The order that the tunes occured was, "Last post and silence, Lament, and Rouse."

pi-r-squared said:
I've read the CFP 201 where it states that the salute begins and terminates at the first and last of the "Last Post" and "Rouse."   Now, is the salute maintained during the Bagpipe Lament such as "Flowers of the Forest?"   This question is really bothering me because I didn't salute the Lament, but all the CIC Officers around me had saluted during the Lament.

The order that the tunes occured was, "Last post and silence, Lament, and Rouse."

I have been on a few Remembrance Day parades in 31 years of service. On every one of them, we started and finished the salute on the first and last bars IAW CFP 201. I have never saluted during the "Lament". If CIC officers are doing I suggest that this is either a mistake or a "localism".

Cheers

Back