• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Salvation Army asking for help

bossi

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Just heard an item on the radio - the Sally Ann is asking for donations of clothing - the cold winter has caused them to run out.

Serendipity - I‘m in the middle of cleaning out my closet, and now I‘ve got the perfect place to donate surplus t-shirts (a gazillion of them ...), sweatshirts, etc.

So, if anybody else is doing some "spring cleaning", here‘s an option for your surplus used clothing.

There are other charities, of course, the "other" Army is good about going into the "trenches" where they‘re needed. Plus, when I worked in emergency measures, you could always count on the Sally Ann to open up their Thrift Shop even in the middle of the night if a family lost their home in a fire and needed clothing ... (they told me their mission is to "ease suffering", not to be another bureaucracy ...)

And, it‘s "two birds with one stone" - instead of people wasting their time and hard-earned money shipping stuff overseas to Bosnia or Afghanistan, their donations can be used effectively in a society and climate that we‘re more familiar with ... It‘s the old story: "charity begins at home".

Over to you!

Back