• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance

Davidson22

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I just swore in this week and was given the security clearance form to complete for my arrival at BMQ. For the residence and employment history it says to provide the information for the past 10 years, but there is a note on one page saying that the information is only required since your last security clearance. I was at BMQ in 2008 and completed my level 2 clearance (same level I need this time). So would I only need to provide my employment and address history from that time until now?

The reason I ask is because it would save me a lot of time and trouble trying to dig up information from little jobs I had in high school. It's too far back for me to remember when I started/quit, my supervisors name/number and I don't have any records ( I have tried digging through all my tax returns but they weren't helpful). 

I leave for st. jean on the 6th of July and I fear I won't have enough time to track down all the information. I will be out of town most of next week attending my grandmother and her boyfriends funerals, they just passed away this week.  So if I only had to provide for the past 5 years, that would be a huge relief since I already have that information since it was needed for the background check.

I cannot answer your question, but always keep copies of your security clearance info as it makes life easier moving forward. You will thank me in 10 years time.

Davidson said:
...The reason I ask is because it would save me a lot of time and trouble trying to dig up information from little jobs I had in high school. It's too far back for me to remember when I started/quit, my supervisors name/number and I don't have any records ( I have tried digging through all my tax returns but they weren't helpful)...

I can't help you with the security clearance portion of your post, but if it turns out that you do need to retrieve employment background information, the below might be helpful.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/roe_duplicate.shtml#obtain

How to request a copy of a ROE already issued

If the ROE was submitted electronically to Service Canada:
If your employer submitted your ROE to Service Canada electronically, you may view and print a copy of your electronic ROE issued for the last 2 years using our online service My Service Canada Account.

If the ROE was issued in paper format
We provide a retrieval copy service to individuals and employers following the guidelines set by the Privacy Act. The copy that you can ask by fax or mail will be sent to you by mail.

Retention period: ROEs are retained for a period of 10 years as per the Access to Information Guidelines and Infosource. Beyond 10 years, these records are purged and destroyed and therefore they will no longer be available.

The following information must be included in your request:

Employers

Name, address - and mailing address, if different - and phone number
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Number
Name and Social Insurance Number (SIN) of employee(s) for which ROEs are requested
Year(s) requested
Reason for request
Your signature
Individuals

Name, address and telephone number
Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Year(s) requested
Reason for request
Your signature

Back