• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SHR time lines

SchmDG

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the time line is for someone on the SHR?  I have heard 10 years, and am just coming on to 9 this fall.  However, I did not get my 'check-in' papers last year....  Does that mean I am off the list??

Thanks in advance!

The following is an extract from DAOD 5002-04 dated 29 Apr 04:

Period of Service The period of service for Supp Res members is 10 years or until CRA, whichever comes first.
DMHRR is the approving authority for any extension to the 10-year period of service. Requests for an extension by members who have not served on Class "A", "B" or "C" Reserve Service within the last ten years are normally not approved.

I was kind of wondering about that myself as I've been out for 7 years now and I currently live in the US. I guess unless I move back in 3 years it will be off the the SHR for me.

SigPig,

Have you been getting those check-in papers down in the states? 

Now that you mention it I think I've gotten them about twice but not in a long while. It will be a shame to fall off the shr because I'd love to keep the connection to the cf and they are big on military discounts down here. Got a great rate at an onsite hotel at Univeral Orlando with a quick flash of my card at AAA  :D

Hmmm....  starting to wonder.  I am going to phone the sqn HQ and find the number for the local SHR office....  I will let ya know what happens.  Wish me luck!

Back