• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Op to Lineman????

Gilligan

Inactive
Reaction score
  Okay, I've been a reserve Sig Op with 744 for almost 4 years, and for the last 2 I have contemplated changing trades to R052-Lineman.  I've been asked by the unit LCF a few times to consider the remuster.  If there are any lineman...or even those who have remustered from a non-combat arms, to a combat arms trade, a little advice would be great. 

Nooooooo! Don't change over to the dark side! They'll add something to your brain to lower your IQ 50 points.  ;D

HAHA, well, there's a typical outlook for a sigop, and I used to think that way too....until I spent the majority of my off time on my 3s with the "lineswine."  It took me awhile to convince them that I was not a "rad op" (that drove me crazy), but I realized rather quickly that they are WAY more fun, and the job, being that it is more physically demanding, is more interesting.  And, I don't think my IQ could drop, I'm a university student, I'm reasonably well educated to this point....I think I could be an exception to "052 that's my IQ" lol

What unit are you with, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Thunder Bay, Borden, Res EW?  Wow, Team Ontario pullin strong, lol!

Word of warning, you'll likely end up with splinters/callouses in/on your fingers from the knuckle dragging..

Hmm, I should think not, with 3 years as a sig op, and being that I am a female...I highly doubt I will convert completely into a trained ape! lol....oh, and I've changed my mind, I'm staying a sig op!

A word of warning though, it's not a good idea to say that to their faces. Sometimes they throw feces at you.

HMMM, that must only apply to eastern lineswine...out west they are seemingly well behaved, that and harshly outnumbered!

Hey guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any of you guys heard anything about us siggies getting tacvests? Cause all the other units (even like vehicle techs and MPs) all have em here except us. I guess it has something to do with us not being in 32 Bde (well in Toronto's case) and how Comms is separate, but still. Anyone hear anything?

I know you easterners always get the nice shiny kit first, Just a Sig Op.  :)

When they decide we need them, or if you go on tour. It'll be a while for those things to filter down to the non combat arms, non reg force units, and yes eastern Comm Res has them already, as do some 71 Comm Grp units.

Sig Bloggins said:
I know you easterners always get the nice shiny kit first, Just a Sig Op.   :)

We do? Wow... I should really tell QM that...

SuperSlug said:
When they decide we need them, or if you go on tour. It'll be a while for those things to filter down to the non combat arms, non reg force units,

Yeah that's why I was asking, cause looking around the Ontario reserve units, all the other non-comms units seem to have it but us.

Just a Sig Op said:
We do? Wow... I should really tell QM that...

haha, I was always under the impression that kit issue went from east to west, that's why all the people on my 3s still in the old OD combats were from Vancouver. But I could be mistaken...

So 71 Comm Gp has them already eh.....goody that means 70's next  :D

Sig Bloggins said:
Yeah that's why I was asking, cause looking around the Ontario reserve units, all the other non-comms units seem to have it but us.

haha, I was always under the impression that kit issue went from east to west, that's why all the people on my 3s still in the old OD combats were from Vancouver. But I could be mistaken...

Reference the tac-vests, I've got my fingers crossed that I'll see one by spring, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the subject of the combats, we've still got a few reg-force CSS types and air-reserve guys kicking around still in olive drab. Though given the option, I'd probably still be wearing mine for a lot of stuff.

My unit is getting them in late Feb/early march, they're already in Edmonton waiting to get sent to Chilliwack for me to pick them up (new QM gal)

Sig Bloggins, I think we will be waiting quite awhile I bet...I don't think we'll have them by summer..... :-[

Oh well I guess....hurry up and wait.

-KaT

So, no one here has ever thought about being a linemen?  Boo! lol 

I have officially changed my mind, and will stick with being a sig op, and one day being a civy police officer (while remaining in the reserves), however, should none of that work out...of to reg MP or reg Signals for me!

Back