• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SISIP LTD/VAC

weeze

Reaction score
Can someone drop SISIP LTD and be picked up by VAC fully with an approved DEC determination?

The short answer is yes. In some cases it makes more sense for someone to cease SISIP LTD and have VAC take over.

The better answer is you should call a VAC Case Manager and discuss it with them to make sure you qualify and it suits your situation.

Last edited:
Oh trust me that has been done. Interestingly enough the case manager said "my superiors said I am not authorized to speak on that matter and I should speak to my SISIP case manager and a financial advisor". This response made zero sense to me and that's why I am here asking incase someone has experience with it.

Some of them throw chicken bones in a pot of blood for guidance on who gets what so there's that.

Something in your file might not meet the criteria for you to be able to drop SISIP and get brought on board by VAC, or at least not yet. Call your SISIP dude and have them engage with the VAC CM. Try and correspond over email if possible so there's a record of conversation you can reference. Some of these people have been working in the business 20 years. Some started this year and are learning as they go, not uncommon for people to give wrong info.

Can someone drop SISIP LTD and be picked up by VAC fully with an approved DEC determination?
Are you beyond the 2 years with SISIP? Has SISIP decided to keep you on LTD? If so then you can't just quit SISIP because you like VAC better. Your best off getting CPPD because SISIP will make you apply and if you have kids there's a payment for them included. There's also some other benefits that come with CPPD. I have all 3 and honestly SISIP has left me alone since getting CPPD.

Are you beyond the 2 years with SISIP? Has SISIP decided to keep you on LTD? If so then you can't just quit SISIP because you like VAC better. Your best off getting CPPD because SISIP will make you apply and if you have kids there's a payment for them included. There's also some other benefits that come with CPPD. I have all 3 and honestly SISIP has left me alone since getting CPPD.
I am way past the 2 years with SISIP. I am currently on IRB, SISIP LTD, and CPPD. SISIP is a major trigger to my conditions as they consistently harrase me and I am absolutely sick and tired of being poked and prodded at for a decade. I would definitely like to just transition to being with just VAC once I get my DEC determination.

I would definitely like to just transition to being with just VAC once I get my DEC determination.
That's not a guarantee with a DEC determination. VAC can (and often does) require follow ups to someone's DEC status to ensure they still meet the criteria (para 39). It can even be yearly.

There are examples of VAC requiring people missing limbs to prove their limb didn't grow back. Link

Chances are you "not wanting to be harassed" by SISIP isn't going to justify switching over to VAC and likely why VAC didn't support you.

Back