• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ski trip advice

Sig_Des

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
So, a few of the guys and I on my team have to burn up our annual leave by the end of Feb before we leave for Afghanistan.

Therefore, we're looking at getting a week-long ski trip going, possibly for about 4-6 guys. We're looking at someplace within 4 hours of the National Capital Region (US or Canada) and a stay of 3 to 5 days. Best would be places with cottages or hillside condo's for rent.

Anyone have any good spots or experiences to help direct us on picking a spot?

Mont Tremblant in Quebec.  Not really in the Capital Region but a great ski resort.

no offence guys, but there is no snow in the east, and we have a bucketload of it here out in the rockies. 

Check out my company website, www.banffhorizons.com

Let me know what you want, will set up a good rate for your future sand munchers.  Might as well spend some of that soon to be hard earned money on a good ski holiday, rather then less on a snowless ski vacation.

Banff is within 4 hours.... With Air Canada  ;D

Seriously, go west if you want to ski this winter...  My parents live in St-Jerome, QC (Close to Mt Tremblant) and there is no snow at all...

Max

I would second Le Massif if you are looking for a bit less Trendy but good quality..  Skiing is in operation; not peak due to lack of snow this winter, but they are catching up this week!

Tremblant is good if you are looking for more of the "resort" type experience than just the skiing.  Its big mountain and is at 80 trails open right now, so it is pretty much up around full cap... but its primarily fake stuff.

Tremblant is really good for the club/village feel...  LE massif is near Quebec city if you want that.

Well,

thanks for the advice everyone, ends up we've decided to go to Tremblant...

all great suggestions that we'd come up with, but with the forces ottawa ski club, we got about 33% off lif tickets, and a pretty good deal on hillside accomodations.

So starting tomorrow, 3 days skiing, with two night in Tremblant...should be a good time!

A tip, if you've never been to Tremblant: don't go to the Moulin Rouge in St-Jovite... It's well-known to be a "kindergarten"--they don't generally ID and girls as young as 14 have been caught in there. There are hot, legal-aged women there, but personally I'm not too partial to having to deal with underage drunks.

Frederik G said:
A tip, if you've never been to Tremblant: don't go to the Moulin Rouge in St-Jovite... It's well-known to be a "kindergarten"--they don't generally ID and girls as young as 14 have been caught in there. There are hot, legal-aged women there, but personally I'm not too partial to having to deal with underage drunks.

LOL, thanks Fred. I'm not too partial to prosti-tots, either. We'll probably be sticking to the hillside. Hot tubs baby!

Got back from Tremblant yesterday, and it was a great time. Stayed at a suite in the Marriot Residences, got some great skiing in, conditions were good all 3 days, the snow was pretty good on almost all the slopes, a lot of slopes open, and most of the lifts, too.

It was pretty cold, which kept a lot of people away, we think, but it was an awesome time, as long as you dressed warm and smart.

Hot tubs, beers, and bars for the evenings made it a well-rounded trip.

If anyone in the NCR is looking at a ski trip, check out the Forces Ottawa Ski Club, some great deals! www.fosconline.com

Back