• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Slimeball Jumps Onto 401 From Overpass With 5 Year Old Daughter - Dies

I hope for the very best.

In the last couple of days some weird things have been going on in Toronto. First this unforunate incident, then a guy running around downtown with a knife, and now yesterday, a man lit himself on fire. Not to belittle any of the any of these situations, but what is going on? Are Torontonians losing it or am I just looking in too deeply?

vangemeren said:
I hope for the very best.

In the last couple of days some weird things have been going on in Toronto. First this unforunate incident, then a guy running around downtown with a knife, and now yesterday, a man lit himself on fire. Not to belittle any of the any of these situations, but what is going on? Are Torontonians losing it or am I just looking in too deeply?
I can't really say - but we've suffered our own losses here in Hamilton as well... one city volunteer was killed in her home.

Good Lord I hope that little angel pulls through.

he is a very sick man.

a real scary thing is it happend really close to my house. like a 2 minute bus ride. it is really scary what is going on in your neighborhoods these days.

this is why i don't like living in the city. there are to many murder suicides or just plain murders.

-Hutch- said:
he is a very sick man.

a real scary thing is it happend really close to my house. like a 2 minute bus ride. it is really scary what is going on in your neighborhoods these days.

this is why i don't like living in the city. there are to many murder suicides or just plain murders.

Was it the girl that got gropped in the bus/train?  That is sick.

Jane

no it was the 5 year old that got droped of the bridge at don mills and the 401

oops i thought you said a scarey thing happened on a bus ride near your house :P , i heard that one on the news yesterday, it was in plain daylight and a young girl got gropped on a public train/bus (can't remember which) the world is really starting to scare me, kids getting kidnapped right out of their houses and getting gropped and dropped off bridges, makes me not want anymore children, i'm scared for my daughter right now as it is. :'(

Jane

I've become so desensitized to this stuff, I've started to question the benifits of living in a city. Theres just so much BS going on within my area that I simply cant wait to move on out of the GTA. Theres lots of great people, but seems the most vocal are the irrational, dangerous, unstable minority. I never carried a knife in my life, until I moved to Toronto (under specific circumstances).

Although there is a lot in the media recently (more than usual), its not a new thing. A lot of things are happening, and for some reason not being covered. Maybe its for the best that people dont know what things are like. I have friends who work for Toronto EMS and O.P.P. And from some of the things I've seen and been told...Toronto can be a very scary place at times.

Hopefully that young girl makes it through, nothing but utmost sympathy and pure frustration from this Torontonian.

Inara awake, breathing on her own

THESTAR.COM STAFF

Inara Amarsi, the five-year-old thrown by her father from the Don Mills Rd. bridge onto Highway 401 eight days ago, has regained consciousness and is breathing on her own, the Hospital for Sick Children said today.

She continues to recover from chest and abdominal injuries in the Critical Care Unit at Sick Kids.

Alnoor Amarsi, apparently angry at his former wife over an acrimonious divorce, abducted Inara during a scheduled visit March 6th.

He then taunted his wife via cellphone and led police officers on a chase across the city before ending up on the Don Mills Rd. bridge.

After throwing his daughter onto the busy highway below, he jumped to his own death.

Inara has been unconscious since landing on the pavement and had been breathing with the assistance of a ventilator. Currently, she is listed in critical but stable condition.

In a press release this morning, Sick Kids officials passed on thanks to the public for their support, prayers and good wishes from Inara's mother, Shamsha Amarsi.

She's a scrapper !

awwwww poor man just wants some attention  :'( :'( :'(

bastard..

makes me absolutely sick

if he was going to do such a horrible thing to himself,why drag his innocent daughter with him, utterly disturbing. :(

its truly sad what this world is coming to...

that girl will always be in my prayers.

i believe that i just heard the little girl has just been released from the hospital. glad to hear she is OK

Good news

Inara home

By JACK BOLAND AND CHRIS DOUCETTE, TORONTO SUN

Girl tossed onto highway goes home

Inara Amarsi pictured last Halloween wearing her fairy princess costume at her home (Photo: Amarsi family)
Home again, Inara Amarsi made a beeline for her favourite toy -- a Dora the Explorer puzzle in her Don Mills highrise yesterday. Then it was the 5-year-old's favourite meal -- chicken nuggets and cereal -- followed by a nap before the colouring books came out.

Just over two weeks ago, little Inara was on death's door suffering from life-threatening injuries after her suicidal father tossed her off a bridge onto Hwy 401.

But miraculously she was released from hospital yesterday and is well on her way to recovery at home.

At the door of the apartment last night, her beaming uncle Altaf Noorali held up a large green get-well card from her kindergarten class.

SCORE OF CARDS

"Hope you feel better soon, we miss you," it said in large block letters.

There were scores of other cards, too, some from as far off as Phoenix, Ariz., and Oregon. 

"We've lost count. They keep coming," Noorali said.

"When she feels better she's going to read all her get-well cards," he said.

He planned to spend the evening preparing thank-you cards "to show our gratitude."

Inara's mom, Shamsha Hassam, was full of that same gratitude in a brief but emotional statement made earlier in the day at the Hospital for Sick Children.

"It gives me great pleasure to advise that Inara is fine and will be back to her normal routine in due course," she said.

Though the child still needs to wear a neckbrace, doctors felt she was well enough to be released from hospital.

Her mom chose not to answer any questions, but she did express her gratitude to hospital staff and thanked the public.

"I would like to thank all those who have supported Inara and me with their good wishes, generosity and prayers," Hassam said. "I'm very grateful to all of you and it has touched my heart to see so many people, from all over the country, praying for my daughter."

Alnoor Amarsi, 48, flung the youngster 15 metres down to Canada's busiest highway from the Don Mills Rd. overpass on March 6. Fortunately she was not hit by oncoming traffic.

The vengeful father -- who had been having a Sunday visit with Inara -- then jumped to his own death. In his suicide note, Amarsi said he hated his estranged wife and he planned to kill their daughter.

'SHE'S DONE WELL'

Inara lay unconscious with serious chest and abdominal injuries, and needed a ventilator to help her breathe in the days following the incident.

"She's done well," said hospital spokesman Lisa Lipkin, who refused to talk about the girl's emotional state. "Doctors were happy with her progress and felt she was ready to go home."

She said Inara's abdominal and chest injuries have healed, but she will have to wear the neckbrace for at least two weeks. For the time being, Inara will remain as an outpatient and receive physiotherapy and counselling, Lipkin said.

A trust fund has been set up for Inara at CIBC branches: The transit number is 00002, the account number 8688435, and the institution number is 010.

Jane

Back