• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Small arms mechanics and repairs.

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
I have recently developed an interest in small arms mechanics and repairs and I was wondering if anybody knows of any good sites out there that can help me learn about these things. I tried going by a local gun shop to try and find something local but I was told my best chance would be to see a gun smith and the only one I can find is a bit of a drive from here me.

I am looking for books, web sites (online manuals, videos, cross sections of the weapons and how they work/move). Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
My apologies if this subject has been covered, I haven't been on the site for a while and couldn't find much using search.

Thank you, Blunt Object.

Buy a gun and tinker  ;)

Take an good armorers class - Ken Elmore of SAW (www.sawlesales.com) does Colt's armorer courses.

I-6 do you know where I could do a Glock and Colt Armorer's course up here in Canada? Somewhere in Vancouver?

Nope, my relationship with Colt Canada is rocky at best, and Glock does not do civilian armourers classes from what I remember.

Best bet would be to try to hook up with a few Abbotsford cops - I know one or two who are shooters and they would be a good start point.

Mind you any half retarded monkey can be shown how to armorer those weapons in a short period of time.

I highly recommend Ken Elmore for the M16 Armorers course - there is a reason he runs ALL of Colt's classes.

Will do! I'll check into Ken's courses. Could you maybe PM me the members that you know of?

Cheers,

MT.

I'll ask them first - but another good bet is to PM "Slavex" on CanadianGunnutz. Rob is in that local and other than his bizzare love of Beretta (he's a sponsored shooter for them) he is both skilled and very connected in the local community.

Alrite boys thank you for the replies, I think if found a local enthusest that said he'd help me out. This is going to be a long shot but is there anything aside from Weapons Tech in the military where I could learn?

Back