• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

…and now except for some folks onboard ship, most USN folks wear this pattern that just screams “Navy” :unsure:

View attachment 83672

Since aircrew (probably techs too) and RCN folks need FR uniforms, they could have teamed up on the NECU, or expand the flight suit order to include RCN folks.

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

Most USN folks I saw in Norfolk in the fall were in coveralls if they were on ship. The cammies we shore posted people.

You’re probably being facetious, but there are practical reasons why flight suits aren’t bloused.
  1. There are zippers down the legs from the knees down, which close the bottoms
  2. The lower leg pockets reach to the bottom of the seams. Those are (IMO) some of the only functional pockets in our flight suits aside from the chest and sometimes the sleeve ones. I personally don’t like the hip (pants) pockets, or at least hope that they had a zipper closure too, like every other pocket
  3. The pen pockets are on the lower legs
Blousing the flight suits means you lose most of the pocket, the pen pocket, and the whole point of the zipper.
I thought the reason for the flight suit was to cover bare skin for protection from fire.
If it was bloused then it leaves little protection at one main point of entry.

Why not?

It's entirely a LCF thing. Back when I was in Cold Lake in '03 there was talk that the RCAF would adopt an "urban" version of CADPAT, rather than TW.
One good thing would be it would hide your grease stains… ;)

Camo for non field trades/postings never made sense to me. Blue/grey camo makes me shake my head. Whatever you do, don’t fall overboard!

Has anyone else seen the catalog of all.the ancillary kit to go with the uniform change? Wow, what nice looking shit. Pretty cool the vaunted trigger mitt is making a return. Now if only we could get some nice new helmets outside the light battalions and we'd look like a modern army. Still no kit but at least the LCF is there.

Has anyone else seen the catalog of all.the ancillary kit to go with the uniform change? Wow, what nice looking shit. Pretty cool the vaunted trigger mitt is making a return. Now if only we could get some nice new helmets outside the light battalions and we'd look like a modern army. Still no kit but at least the LCF is there.
IMG_2221.jpeg

Not just light Bns ;) just have to be special enough.

I’m kidding of course, the implementation order establishes the option for a purchase of 8000 more and classes mechanized units as containing soldiers who’s primary duties are dismounted - I expect the full dice suite will be light first everyone else later.

View attachment 83862

Not just light Bns ;) just have to be special enough.

I’m kidding of course, the implementation order establishes the option for a purchase of 8000 more and classes mechanized units as containing soldiers who’s primary duties are dismounted - I expect the full dice suite will be light first everyone else later.
Lowly crewmen don't get cool shit like that haha.

Back