• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Standard Letter of Reference

MrPickles18

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

As part of an application process for a course I have to submit a "Standard Letter of Reference" (SLOR) from my OC. Due to time constraints I'm going to get the ball rolling for the boss. When asking for a SLOR do they mean just any Letter of Reference in a standard military format or is there an actual specific form?

Thanks

Look at the CANFORGEN announcing the training; there should be a link there to the SLOR.  It is a very specific document.

If you can get on the DWAN, search for more info on the course.  For certain courses a SLOR in a specific format is required.  You may also try the local PSO, since such things are generally in his or her world.

MrPickles18 said:
It's not a CANFORGEN, just a distrubution message and there's no link
Based on my experience of producing and signing a few of these for my members or myself:

- For any of the four major units that use these, the SLOR is usually in the link in the CANFORGEN. If not, it's readily found on their recruiting pages, or through their command's page.
- For the two smaller outfits, the SLOR is on the DIN site of one of them; for the other, you'll need to email the POC in the CANFORGEN.

I believe in all cases (unless you're not going for any of these), you need to submit a letter of intent to apply, after which you or your chain of command will be in touch with someone who can provide you with the SLOR template. Your local PSO, who will also need to be involved at some point, wil have access to it as well.

Back