• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Step aside Hell's Angels...

Seyek

Reaction score
Just read a news article about a very large group of cyclists attacking a minivan with a family (including children) inside who had been out for a birthday night for their 11 year old daughter. This group of cyclists smashed in a window, smashed the sides, caused over $5k in damage to the vehicle and god only knows the kind of emotional damage to the family and kids. I'm not the only one who thinks something serious should be done about these bikers am I?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/04/BAGF7P12RN23.DTL

On the radio today, it said a few Hell Angel places have been raided. So god only knows why..

Seyek said:
Just read a news article about a very large group of cyclists attacking a minivan with a family (including children) inside who had been out for a birthday night for their 11 year old daughter. This group of cyclists smashed in a window, smashed the sides, caused over $5k in damage to the vehicle and god only knows the kind of emotional damage to the family and kids. I'm not the only one who thinks something serious should be done about these bikers am I?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/04/BAGF7P12RN23.DTL

I think you are confusing bicycle riders (cyclists) with motorcycle riders(bikers). Just so you know there are many "bikers" out there who are not offiliated with any gangs or organized crime. Many bikers, including military members, are law abiding citizens who have families and obey the laws. Many bikers are also involved in motorcycle rider clubs that are not gang related. Please do no lump all motorcycle enthusiasts into the outlaw biker "Hell's Angels" category.
      By all means blame the bicycle riders, they are the scurge of society! ;) I don't know what sparked the cyclists to attack a family in a minivan but maybe they felt inadequate because they don't ride motorcycles!? Just joking! ;D

, in which thousands of free-spirited cyclists roam the city

aka  deadbeats hippie wannabes who spend the last few weeks without showering.

Bicycle riders are a huge pet peeve of mine. A lot seem to think they are a vehicle, but do not abide traffic laws (vehicles have privileges AND duties), dont pay insurance or taxes to keep the roads in good condition (i'd like to hope that 30+% tax being charged on each L of gas goes to fix roads).

One day i'm just going to have enough of stop sign, red light, traffic slowing down, generally acting like they have some kind of a high horse hippies... I just cant wait 'til one of them tries to rest by using my bumper to prop themselves.

Whoa I never meant bikers as in motorcycle people, I said cyclists. I hate cyclists on the road too, at least the ignorant ones. I only said step aside Hell's Angels, because we at least expect Hell's Angels to do things that aren't so...legal. Cyclists, now those the people we don't expect to go around surrounding and assaulting families. As for actual law abiding bikers, I know some myself, my girlfriend's dad among them. Btw, I hold the utmost respect for you bikers...I could never get up on one those things, feels inherently unsafe, despite my girlfriend's insistance on me getting my motorcycle license and trying it out.

Cyclists.....

Bicycle messengers!!!
Hate bycicle messnegers.... the ones on in-line skates too!!!

Barrelling down sidewalks and charging thru pedestrian crowds.

One biker type tried to zip by while my wife was exiting a taxi ... smashed his front wheel... gave my wife hell - till 6ft 250lb taxidriver stepped out of the car and decided to express himself with the two wheeled wonder.....

Yeah and every cyclist takes a car off the road.  ::)

There may be some moron cyclists out there but there are some moron drivers as well. And most aren't hippies, they're just average people looking to get some exercise instead of sitting in traffic all day. The hippies are too busy playing the bongo drums and smoking their brains out.

Well I know you guys hate them on the road but I hate them on the sideWALK.
And they always want the person WALKING to move or cycle with two people to block the entire sidewalk.
Iv just taken to not moving.
And if I knocked one of them off their cycle I would be the one in the wrong legally!!!!!!!!!
some country

FascistLibertarian said:
Well I know you guys hate them on the road but I hate them on the sideWALK.
And they always want the person WALKING to move or cycle with two people to block the entire sidewalk.
Iv just taken to not moving.
And if I knocked one of them off their cycle I would be the one in the wrong legally!!!!!!!!!
some country

Hypocrisy  at its finest. I bet those are the same people who block traffic on purpose when riding on the road.

For some reason I've never had a "good" cyclist experience. Why is it that when my buddy and I went on a bike ride (day long ride) we managed not to: block the traffic, cut people off, run lights and stop signs, use car bumpers for rest?  Where's the karma?

Back