• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Strange Deduction....

X-mo-1979 said:
No I'm talking about a goverment issued birth certificate from NFLD.Which my mother had to get twice as my clerk LOST it twice.
The goverment building actually called me to make sure it was me requesting the birth certificates,to ensure it wasnt fraud.
They asl explained to me the possiability of idenity fraud with now two missing birth certificates which my clerk could not find avant two dags.

I complained,nothing was done.

This clerk is now a sgt.

As George just beat me to - why the h*ll would you give the same clerk your certificate twice?? We only need copies for your records, originals belong to you. Don't know how many times I have had to remove original pers docs from mbrs files and send to them after taking the photocopies. It amazes me that people so easily hand over these items. Course cerificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, school transcripts, commissioning scrolls (don't ask, I don't know just sent it to the mbr). The point is that almost everything on your pers file should be copies - not originals.

George Wallace said:
???

As was mentioned before; it should be a "PHOTOCOPY" in your Pers File.  I have both the paper and the plastic originals in my personal possession.  Why you gave one, and then a second "original" to a Clerk is beyond me.  Even with Crse Certificates that one achieves outside of the CF system; it is only photocopies that are kept on your Pers File.  The originals go on your "I Love Me Wall" at home or in your office.......or some other private place/box.   ;D

I was a no hook trooper who was told to hand it into the clerk she would photocopy it and hand it back.Back then you wernt allowed upstairs in c-53 unless you were a troop whip.Photocopy was a big protected thing. ;)

Either way she was an incompetent boob.This is the same girl who announced in front of my peers quote "sucks to be your family,your only getting 56 dollars this pay!"After a LTA claim disappeared from her clutches.

Actually an original birth certificate is required everytime for passport applications and it seems that every roto at least one gets lost.  Its hard to blame the clerk though because it passes through so many hands.

X-mo-1979 said:
I was a no hook trooper who was told to hand it into the clerk she would photocopy it and hand it back.Back then you wernt allowed upstairs in c-53 unless you were a troop whip.Photocopy was a big protected thing. ;)

Either way she was an incompetent boob.This is the same girl who announced in front of my peers quote "sucks to be your family,your only getting 56 dollars this pay!"After a LTA claim disappeared from her clutches.

:rage: aaarrrrgggghhhhh - one of those clerks - always hated them, always will. Probably acted sweet as pie when talking to the boss too. The photocopy should have been right away while you waited for the original back. As the clerk lost it (and if she had been honest enough to admit to it which I suspect not) then you should have been reimbursed the cost on a CF52 claim. Her announcement deserved a "lets go talk in my office" meeting with her supervisor. Instead of being such a b**ch she should have owned up and corrected the problem right there so your family was taken care of.

Back