• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Subsidized Education? What if you fail?

yoeun

Inactive
Reaction score
Going to be doing a subsidized course, AVS to be exact. What will happen if I did happen to fail a course or two? Will i get booted off the Canadian forces and forced to pay back the funds? Or can I take it again and pass then do my BMQ without any penalties?

are we talking about doing BMQ, etc while doing post-secondary and having that paid for by the CF? if so, I was told that you do the year or semester paying by yourself and then bring the transcript and tuition costs to someone and then they pay you back 50% up to $2 000 of the year's cost. So they don't pay you back until after you've done a period of learning, while doing BMQ, etc.

Sorry to lead off if that wasn't your question, but might as well ask while we're at it. I've been hearing from different recruiters and members in post-secondary that say either:
a) you only get reimbursed the 50% up to $2000/year, if and only if, your trade has something to do with something you're studying(e.g. studying medicine and you're trade is med. tech);
b) you get the full 50% up to $2000/year regardless of what trade you're doing so long as you're going through post-secondary.

I've tried checking forces.ca but for some reason the last couple of days it hasn't been working for me, or at least on my home computer.

my apologies, I forgot to have added I'm in my second year in college. I'm at Canadore College, Avionics technician to be exact.

Say if I were sworn in tommorrow, and failed during christmas. What would become of the rest of the last college semester? Would I still get paid?

Ok so I see I would have to pay 50% of next years courses (if i fail)?

If you fail at Christmas then what would happen would be a career review board.  Several options would be considered:

-Immediate Release
-Allow you to pay to repeat the courses/semester, on LWOP, and at your expense
-cease subsidization, load you on the next available BMQ course, and follow-on training in your occupation
-same as previous, but reassign you to a different occupation

If the CFRC is considering you for enrolment in a subsidized program, then your previous marks indicated that they thought you would be successful.  Keep up with your studies, and I'm certain you will do all right.

If you work hard....you wont fail.....you wont have to worry about it.

I should charge for this kind of advice, i realy should.

CDN Aviator said:
If you work hard....you wont fail.....you wont have to worry about it.

I should charge for this kind of advice, i really should.

lol i'll do my best

canuckkwan said:
are we talking about doing BMQ, etc while doing post-secondary and having that paid for by the CF? if so, I was told that you do the year or semester paying by yourself and then bring the transcript and tuition costs to someone and then they pay you back 50% up to $2 000 of the year's cost. So they don't pay you back until after you've done a period of learning, while doing BMQ, etc.

Sorry to lead off if that wasn't your question, but might as well ask while we're at it. I've been hearing from different recruiters and members in post-secondary that say either:
a) you only get reimbursed the 50% up to $2000/year, if and only if, your trade has something to do with something you're studying(e.g. studying medicine and you're trade is med. tech);
b) you get the full 50% up to $2000/year regardless of what trade you're doing so long as you're going through post-secondary.

I've tried checking forces.ca but for some reason the last couple of days it hasn't been working for me, or at least on my home computer.

I think you are talking about the subsidy that reservists get.  The original poster is talking about a reg force program.

Back