• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suggestions for Great PC War Games?

Sundborg said:
Oh, there should also be another Medieval: Total War game coming too; I am not sure what it is going to be called though.

Rome: Total War is the next one.  www.totalwar.com  ;)

A few of my faviourites are:
Ghost Recon Series
Rainbow Six Series
America's Army - it's free and it's a pretty good game.  Long download though, so be prepared to wait.  You also have to complete basic training before you can play online.
Medal of Honor Series
Greg

I enjoyed Ghost Recon.  I really enjoy the first person shooters though, my favourite has to be Splinter Cell (1 and 2).  Soldier of Fortune is good as well.

Forget the PC platform and pick yourself up a XBox.   Far cheaper than upgrading your PC system every year to be able to handle the new games that come out.  And you'll have it for years.   Less hassle over all as well.   I eventually got tired of needing to upgrade my PC so I just picked up an XBox about a year ago.   No regrets, and I use it to play DVD movies as well.

Apart from that, I gotta say Rainbow Six 3 is pretty sweet.   Especially online.   Full Spectrum Warrior has been getting good reviews.   Maybe one day I'll check it out.   The Splinter Cell series are pretty sweet as well and give you a completely different perspective altogether.

archer said:
Rome: Total War is the next one.   www.totalwar.com   ;)

That's it!  Thanks for the link; it looks like a killer of a game!

I'm sure someone's said my favourites before...

Battlefield: 1942,
Battlefield: 1942 Road to Rome,
Medal of Honour: Allied Assault.

I don't get around to playing them much 'cause I'm always on here!  :blotto:

I got myself a copy of that Ghost Recon... MY GOD... I got GLUED to my computer for 4 hours on Sunday after I started playing... My god those games are wickedly addictive!!! Buying an Xbox might be a good idea since they're not that expensive anymore really. I do need a DVD player too. I've seen Splinter Cell, pretty crazy game in itself.

Anyone interested in "trading/sharing" games gimme a PM. I have alot of games, games you don't need the CD to run "hint" "hint"...

:dontpanic:

PS> Where can I find that Canadian Mod for Ghost Recon? Anyone know/have it?

Thanks, Joe

Freight_Train said:
Anyone play SOCOM: US Navy SEALs on Playstation?   Any good?
Greg
yes, i play socom 2 all the time. its addicting if you play with the right people who are mature, dont cheat, and dont glitch(go into the walls and shit) if you get the game hit me up on aim or msn and i'll show you the ropes ;)

Steel Panthers:World at War - A refurb of SP1 using the SP3 engine. Loads of add-ons, user scenarios and campaigns, countries OB's etc. Best of all it is available free for downloading at the Matrix Games website:

http://www.matrixgames.com/

Another site for all those PC games from yesteryear is:      http://www.the-underdogs.org/
They have a number of games released into free-ware by the developers themselves. There is some historical interest in some of these old games and are worth a look. We've come a long way.

Cheers :salute:

Casing said:
Forget the PC platform and pick yourself up a XBox.  Far cheaper than upgrading your PC system every year to be able to handle the new games that come out.  And you'll have it for years.  Less hassle over all as well.  I eventually got tired of needing to upgrade my PC so I just picked up an XBox about a year ago.  No regrets, and I use it to play DVD movies as well.

Apart from that, I gotta say Rainbow Six 3 is pretty sweet.  Especially online.  Full Spectrum Warrior has been getting good reviews.  Maybe one day I'll check it out.  The Splinter Cell series are pretty sweet as well and give you a completely different perspective altogether.

Hmm, X-Box, I think I'll pass. More games out for PC, most X-Box games will come out for PC within a year (if not at the same time), and 3d Shooters are a Pain In The Ass to play on console (and I don't care what people say, using a joystick to aim is not as accurate or as fast as using a mouse).  I've been playing "the latest" pc games on my PII-350 for 4 years before most games started getting out of range (which would be this past year). Yeah, they've been slow, yeah I've upgraded here and there (larger hard drive, new video card, more ram), but in the end, I paid less than $300 for upgrades that kept my computer playing the latest games.

Consoles will last without upgrading, yeah. However, you're stuck with the same technology till the next console comes out, and programmers will have to program as best they can to utilize that technology. PC programmers can program versions to take advantage of that latest video card and provide that next level of realizm, or make the level X amount larger because PC's can have over a gig of RAM and processors exceding 3 Ghz. They can even start taking advantage of 64-bit processors like the AMD64.

And that's just games, I won't go into how a normal PC can do audio/video production, 3d animation, act as a server, be a development platform, and all that jazz.

I'm sorry for ranting, but I just don't like consoles (especially Microsoft consoles, well, Microsoft in general).

I do like playing Mario and the Link/Zelda games, though, so if I were to get one, it would only be Nintendo.

Question about Ghost Recon.... I've played up to and beaten mission 6 in the default campaigne, is that all? 6 missions? Please tell me the game isn't that short!!!!! What a ripoff if it is!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Did not take the time to read through the whole thread, but as an avid wargamer I can honestly say I have the most fun playing the Close Combat series by Atomic games (www.atomic.com), now they create games under license for Microsoft. But anyways; Close Combat is a real time strategy series of games set in WWII, across numerous fronts. From the Eastern Campaign, to Normandy, you control up to perhaps the level of a combat team. All the psychologies of the soldiers are modelled, and every single round is tracked. Your men actually panic and run if crap starts hitting the fan. On the same note, their morale is bolstered by close proximity of commanders and the sounds of friendly machine gun fire.
Check it out

Medal of Honour" ALlied Assault I just got (yeah I know I am behind the times). Awesome game...just can't get pass the mission where you must take out the 88s. So frustrating lol.

Recruit Joe said:
Question about Ghost Recon.... I've played up to and beaten mission 6 in the default campaigne, is that all? 6 missions? Please tell me the game isn't that short!!!!! What a ripoff if it is!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
There are 15 missions in Ghost Recon.
Greg

shaboing said:
Freight_Train said:
Anyone play SOCOM: US Navy SEALs on Playstation?   Any good?
Greg
yes, i play socom 2 all the time. its addicting if you play with the right people who are mature, dont cheat, and dont glitch(go into the walls and crap) if you get the game hit me up on aim or msn and i'll show you the ropes ;)

they are all good... nice graphic! you can also try Ghost Recon, they have cool too. But don't play Kill Switch! its bad!!!

any cheat, or guiderline... go here to find. http://ign.com 

Back