• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suicide bomb kills two Canadian troops, civilian in Kandahar - 27 Nov 2006

I just dropped the news about this at work and we all want to know the names of the fallen.  If it was a Bison, then they might be MSE Ops. Anyone know the names or are they being withheld until the family is notified?
Again,  :salute:

The families have requested that the names not be released until tomorrow, sorry.

BYT Driver said:
I just dropped the news about this at work and we all want to know the names of the fallen.  If it was a Bison, then they might be MSE Ops. Anyone know the names or are they being withheld until the family is notified?
Again,  :salute:

Sorry, as Capt (Army) said, family has req privacy - but I can say they aren't MSE Op's

PoPo

Yeah we were told of the news earlier today at work over in 3. Sad news, another RSM who looked after his soldiers

The Family, DND and MY REGIMENT has requested privacy at this time, just because the media feel's free to speculate who or what rank it was does mean we will violate their wish's. Please do not post the name or postion of any one until it is comfirmed by DND.

OPSEC people

My heart goes out to the families.  I feel such a mixture of emotion over this as the news that they were not MSE Ops means one person I know is still safe, while at the same time I feel great sadness for the ones who gave their lives.  RIP soldiers :salute:

rip  :salute:
we will remember you  :cdn:
                                              scoty

May they rest in peace :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

PoPo said:
Sorry, as Capt (Army) said, family has req privacy - but I can say they aren't MSE Op's

PoPo
I didn't mean to stir up the pot or go outside of OPSEC until the families and media are notified.
It just seems to hit home harder when it's actually someone you know.
I'll be on the ramp when they come home.
:salute:

HitorMiss said:
The Family, DND and MY REGIMENT has requested privacy at this time, just because the media feel's free to speculate who or what rank it was does mean we will violate their wish's. Please do not post the name or postion of any one until it is comfirmed by DND.

OPSEC people

+1 to HoM.

The Regimental Family, families, and loved ones deserve our utmost respect in this time. 

From my own heart, and that of HLs, sincere condolences to the RCR family, the loved ones, family, friends of our fallen.

:cdn: :cdn:

One of the fallen has been identified as Master Warrant Officer Bob Girouard. My condolences and prayers for his family. :salute:

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/11/27/soldiers-death.html

Back