• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer Training and Application Timeline

IceAce1357

Inactive
Reaction score
I am in the application process of becoming an reserve infantry officer with the Toronto Scottish Regiment.
I've tried my best to research and ask as many CAF staff as possible, but I am unable find the answers to these two questions:

1. My aptitude test is scheduled for March 22 since it was postponed from March 1 because of an administrative error on their part (pretty disappointed about that).
If I am accepted at every juncture from the test onward (medical, verified, interview etc.) should I reasonably expect to receive acceptance in time to enroll in summer training?
I understand no one can give an exact answer, but I've read that the whole application process takes about 3-6 months. Since I submitted my papers in January I figured it would be possible. If not I'll need to secure a job for June-August ASAP...

2. Should I be accepted as an officer, when approximately and for how long will my initial summer training be?
I need to know which weeks/months to set aside in order to plan out my summer schedule.
For this question I've seen 14 weeks, 7 + 8 weeks, 10 weeks all in the last 2-3 summer months... I'm not sure which course lengths would apply to me.
I've asked a number of CAF staff along the way but I've just been bounced around to different phone numbers and emails.
I'm assuming that I should not plan anything from mid-June to late-August.

Thanks in advance!

Reserve BMQ is generally 5 weeks full time over the summer.

The longest process is Security & Background screening. I initially started my application in October, and I was sworn in by May. I was loaded onto basic for Autumn over weekends.

Could you get on a course for the summer? Sure, but don't count on it.

If your aptitude test isn't until 22 Mar, then unless they are starting a BMQ/BMOQ in very late Jun or sometime in Jul you probably won't be making it this year.

The medical portion alone, is going to take 8-10 weeks for processing/approval and that in itself, already puts you into early/mid Jun and only if they give you an appointment right away.  Background checks are 3-5 weeks (minimum) as well.  So unless they plan on doing things "concurrently", I'd say your chances are "not great".

Back