• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SWAT is only L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ludacris

I jsut wanted to point out the fact that SWAT is only in L.A. california, no other US city has a SWAT team per se, they just use different names.

If youre going to post useless information at least make sure its correct
Family_Day.JPG

Btw Chattanooga, is a city in Tennessee

K..... For one... Wut do you think S.W.A.T stands for.. Its not specific to one unit... Its an area of speciality.. Just like Recce units... Theres not one unit thats name is RECCE... Special Weapons and Tactics... Its a special team made specifically for situations normal police cant handle... The Canadian version of S.W.A.T. is the Emergency Task Force.. There can be Emergency Task Force units all over.. again there is no one unit thats just called Emergency Task Force...

The media and whatnot probably use SWAT because it was the first such team, created by Daryl F. Gates over a decade ago. When the media says "SWAT" team, most people will know exactly what they are talking about, whereas if they went with the "correct" names such as "Emergency Task Force", "Emergency Response Team", "Tactical whatever" some people would be like "huh?". I mean, think about it, a large company could have tech support guys that have a name called "Emergency Response Group" for when Jim-Jim the janitor accidentally gets water in the server and causes a short. Who knows, they may get to the basement by rapelling down elevator shafts and yes, they might shoot Jim-Jim, but I doubt it.

That‘s just my take on it. Oh, and who cares?

http://www.police.regina.sk.ca/swat.htm

PS. Your an idiot.

I can understand why Regina‘s SWAT team was established so early - what with the RCMP‘s training depot there, as well as their headquarters...

What is the name of the swat team in montreal? I hear you need 5+ years in the army to get in.

That is false, ludicrous.. (note correct spelling)

I work with several law enforcement agencies, in diferent capacities, in the greater Phoenix area.

All of their SWAT teams are called SWAT teams, and have a patch to that effect, sewn onto their uniforms. The ones I have personally had some exposure to are: Phoenix PD, Tempe PD, Chandler PD, Gilbert PD, Maricopa County Sheriff‘s Dept, Pinal County Sheriff‘s Dept, and the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Quit spewing nonsense.

As an aside, the mods have already alerted on you - you need to watch and learn for awhile.

On second thought, this is so stupid, that I‘m locking the thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back