• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Crap,

it's tied now.

Edmonton has to win...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/06/08/ten.spot/index.html

Monday's Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup finals on OLN was watched by fewer U.S. viewers than the women's softball College World Series game the same night

Well, game 3 was aired on NBC. I switched over to it for a short time and wasn't impressed witht he sound or picture quality. But at least they didn't have a glowing puck!! ;D

The Oilers are still in tough. They need a blowout game.

STILL IN IT!

Oil win 2-1 in game three, whyte is gonna be a riot tonight!  ;D(pardon the expression)

"I'll only leap from this bandwagon once the Toronto Maple Leafs are no longer out of the running for the Stanley Cup"

I think the rule is that once a team's Stanley-Cupless streak is memorialized in song by the Tragically Hip, they can officially be counted out permanently. ;)

Anyway, tonight's game was something.  Markannen played beautifully in goal.  The Oilers lead shots taken.  Smyth scored the winning goal with 3 minutes to go, and it was uglier than Bind-Amour's beak.  I can't believe CBC slipped in a spot where he tells us who his favorite players were growing up.
Did you hear Doug Weight getting booed in the second period?  Priceless.

The series wasn't over after game 2, and now we have the proof.

exsemjingo said:
I think the rule is that once a team's Stanley-Cupless streak is memorialized in song by the Tragically Hip, they can officially be counted out permanently. ;)
BOO!  That was about Billy B's fishing trip and the irony that he wasn't found until they won the cup.  So, we need to "lose" a Toronto Maple Leaf, and then find him, and WHAM: Lord Stanley is a' comin' home!

:D

Go Oilers!

I'm with vonG. The Hip would never write about a losing streak, that'd be too simple. Irony, man, irony.

But, I am not about losing a Leaf to find the Cup. And wouldn't they have to win a Cup, then lose a Leaf in order to win the Cup again? Seems like alot of work! ;D

Scott said:
I'm with vonG. The Hip would never write about a losing streak, that'd be too simple. Irony, man, irony.

But, I am not about losing a Leaf to find the Cup. And wouldn't they have to win a Cup, then lose a Leaf in order to win the Cup again? Seems like alot of work! ;D
Yah not likely going to happen  :p

HL

Scott said:
Well, see if anyone from the 67 leafs are still around (The Chief?), "lose" him, and then it's a sure thing!

:D

I think its going to be like San Jose.Bring the cup home. :cdn:GO OILERS GO!!

We won.. without Rollie. ( I still miss him)

However just goes to show that we can step it up as a team and pull it off

Come on Boys lets bring it home.. GO OILERS

I have ALOT of faith in the oilers,the dedication and motivation these guys have gave them the chance to be in the final,and I hope,I really hope they bring the cup to CANADA. :cdn:

1-1 after 1.  Oilers dominating but they need to shoot the puck at the net...where's their powerplay!

Gunner said:
1-1 after 1.  Oilers dominating but they need to shoot the puck at the net...where's their powerplay!

Exactly!! Lets go Oilers!! ANother great round of anthems too!  :cdn:

Gunner said:

It's so frustrating to watch!!!  I had to leave the room!  QUIT PASSING AND JUST SHOOT THE D*MN PUCK PUHLEASE!

Argh.  Not good for the Oil.  Down 3 games to 1.  Shoot the fricken puck next game!!!  :p

Back