• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Arctic Monkeys

winchable

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I took a break from posting for a while, so I didn't get to do my weekly music review.

The Arctic Monkeys are a band from Sheffield, UK and I had the pleasure of seeing them live this past summer at a dingy shitehole.
It's actually very typical modern punk (strokes, etc.) but the difference is their lyric and singing are absolutely loaded.
He almost tries to fit more words into a song than he needs, but it makes for unusually meaningful songs at a time where people are either trying to be too obscure or not trying at all.
Beyond that, really catchy tunes, they're starting to make headway into the North American market and are definitely a band to watch out for providing they don't get to full of themselves too soon.

I reccomend "When the sun goes down" for a good intro.

Anyone else heard?

I thought you were making some sort of racial slur against our rangers! Definately not what I expected...

I saw one of their music videos on MuchMusic the other day. I wasn't too impressed, to say quite honestly. The local paper had a article skyptical of the band, largely based upon past experiences with other products of Britain's Hypemachine (Sigue Sigue Sputnik, anyone?), and how many bands have been abandoned by NME and (in the past) Melody Maker, et al, after being considered Gods just months before.

This coming from a Wonder Stuff fan - a band whose careers they probably duplicate, just like the careers of Pop Will Eat Itself, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, the Levellers, and just about every other good British band.

Back