• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Best Steak

Jake said:
I'm an amateur on the BBQ so everytime I try to cook one it's either like chewing on a brick or an eraser.  :-X

You gotta watch it. Grab a beer, go stand by it. After a while you'll learn how a nice medium rare piece of meat feels under your fork.

Re: best steak. I dunno. Von's here in Edmonton is pretty good.

Thanks, maybe I'll take another stab at it this weekend  :)

Used to raise cattle...best eats are home grown and Angus is the best you can have  ;D

HL

You 've all got me going on the bar-b-que thing, I just went out and bought some aged bison t-bones for tomororrow.  I'm going to bar-b-que them with some baked potatos and some corn on the cob.

I am hating my apartment more and more after each post I read in this thread. I can't BBQ.  :'(

really? i can, great view from 12 stories up as well.

Pea said:
I am hating my apartment more and more after each post I read in this thread. I can't BBQ.  :'(

Pea my heart goes out to you...NOW suck it up and broil away!

Well you see I am lacking that all important balcony needed.

Although, my idiot ex-neighbor across the hall had a bbq in his apartment a week or 2 ago. I was in the shower and I heard the fire alarm go, so I hopped out and looked for clothes quickly. Someone was screaming to get out now a propane tank was going to blow up. So I had to grab a towel and run out barefoot in my towel. Turns out the idiot's propane tank was squealing and the fire dep't wanted us out NOW. So there I was outside on the lawn in a crappy towel in front of ALL my neighbors and a bunch of firefighters.. I am still a little embarrassed to pass people in the hall.

Oh, and I hate broiling. Time to move I guess.

Bar-b-que, charcol and a public park pea, it's all you really need.  Ok, I used the back of the range control tower, but where ever you can.

Durring my first year of university, me and my roomate wanted BBQ so bad that we bought a 12'' BBQ (suprised we found one at that time of year), and BBQed in -25C weather in February.

MMM it was good.

Pea said:

That's why I moved out of my last apartment  :)

Just got a gas grill for my apartment (old house divided into units), it rocks. Bison burgers before hitting the bar? Hell yes!

Jon Allans Steak House Halifax. Angus beef.  Table cut tenderloin. Have a snack before you go, if you go in hungry, the steak, then the bill will cause the heart to flutter.

I think the place is called FRED's it is near Shawville Quebec, we would always go there for some kickin steaks when I was a teenage hellion in Petawawa  (after hockey games playing for the mighty patriots......) :threat:

Rosie's Grill, 101 St in Edmonton.  Angus beef, not the greatest steak EVER, but it kicks lumps out of the Keg, and a hella lot cheaper too.  Great scoff on a working man's wage...

Back