• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The EME Vision

CFSEME Survivor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Res Jr NCO who used to be an instructor of both reg and res courses for about three years at Veh Coy. The whole time I was there most of the staff was tasked in some way regarding the preparation and then implementation of this new modular style of training called the "Vehicle Tech Vision" course or "EME Vision" course or just "The Vision course". I left the school (Whew!) for other training and employment and returned to conduct res trg about a year later. The timeline on this runs from early2004 to late 2007.

When I asked around and it was like this "Vision" thing never existed.

Veh Coy ran at least one trial course in 2006/07, so you think there would be some news of some kind. I had previously seen new trg aids, new books in the library and many friends of mine were tasked to write up the lesson plans. I even had the opportunity to speak to some of the troops who would were on the trial. At the time everyone thought it was... Let's just say that the instructors believed that this "Vision" needed glasses. So maybe it was a flop, but why no news or explanation? Why the cover-up?

Does anyone know what happened? Was anyone here on this trial course?

CFSEME Survivor said:
Why the cover-up?

Why do you automaticaly assume that some sort of conspiracy theory is at work here ?

Conspiracy theory is strong language. It's just that during my first three years instructing there, I had to attend O Groups about it and spend extra time after hours getting trained on the use of new trg aides, etc. Plus as I already mentioned, a bunch of people I worked with were tasked to prepare lesson plans and such for this new trg. Classrooms of computers were purchased along with a whole new library (at least 30 or 40) of $140.00 books. I could go on, but that's not the point...

When I went back there to conduct summer trg AFTER the pilot course had been run and started asking around, no one "knew anything" and no one would talk about it. This includes the instructors tasked with preparing the lesson plans. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but doesn't that seem weird to you? I know it's "above my pay grade" but I'd just like to know where all this time, effort and money went.

Fair enough?

CFSEME Survivor said:
Conspiracy theory is strong language.

Dear EME Cousin,

When the word 'cover up' is used I don't think so.

Cheers and Arte et Marte (Twist to Open),

OWDU

RCIC 1976-1978
LORE/LEME/EME 1978-1995
RAEME 1995 to present

To my knowledge, still being worked on and assessed, together with options to increase the number of students at community colleges.

I suspect it's the second item that may delay the "EME Vision" implementation; the higher pri will be to ID the delta trg required for the CC grads and delvier it, vice re-doing all the current training; there's a finite capacity at the school to work changes through the system.

Back