• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

I'm not so much upset at the elected officials for this. They are gonna do what they are gonna do but......

I'm more upset at the poor work and people who we call "the professional civil service" for putting out such a dogshit staffing effort. This is what your tax dollars are paying for.

And they want to work from home 🤣

Nah, I think a pay cut is in order and the only billable hours are the ones spent at the office under max supervision.

That's what happens when you use people who have absolutely no knowledge or are oppositional to the subject matter of the legislation to write the legislation.

Our Government hates a certain segment of our population.

On a more serious note, because our government cares more about optics and speaking points than actually creating useful legislation.
There's no ideologically motivated pro-gun lobby.

Our side refers to it as property and a hobby.
They refer to guns as demonic tools of destruction.

In a battle of passions obvious which side has the edge.

Canada has diverged from the UK and Australia in this unfortunately. Im not sure why? Anyone?
Because Canadians are naturally unwilling to do much about the government? We are a extremely passive people who generally can't be bothered to do much about anything.

The Trucker Convoy (support it or not) was the first real protest movement not run by professional protesters I have ever seen in this country. Every other serious protest I have seen has basically been around native rights, usually politically supported/run by the various native government/s and basically always in the summer time.

Compare that to say France, where just a couple days ago there was rioting in the streets because someone shot 3 Kurds and they arrested the suspect. To put a compariable spin on it, imagine if Canadians had rioted after the Mosque shooting in Quebec in 2017. You just wouldn't see it.

CERB repayment is another example of people being passive. In many countries there would be rioting over that and the government would just let them keep it. Here we tolerate it, maybe bitch a little, then go along with it.

CERB repayment is another example of people being passive. In many countries there would be rioting over that and the government would just let them keep it. Here we tolerate it, maybe bitch a little, then go along with it.
Probably because on the whole, they know that the government will be pretty inept at recovering the majority of the over payments…

There's no ideologically motivated pro-gun lobby.

Our side refers to it as property and a hobby.
They refer to guns as demonic tools of destruction.

In a battle of passions obvious which side has the edge.

Or the government doesn’t want citizens to outgun them. It’s happened a few times in history.

I suppose the banners might be tracking the stories from the US about a handful of incidents in which transmission substations have been sabotaged by (rifle) gunfire. Going to have to ban pretty much everything, now, before angry people start to retaliate in ways that could cost much more money than anyone can spare.

I suppose the banners might be tracking the stories from the US about a handful of incidents in which transmission substations have been sabotaged by (rifle) gunfire. Going to have to ban pretty much everything, now, before angry people start to retaliate in ways that could cost much more money than anyone can spare.
…and continuing to look the opposite direction to all the illegal weapons users committing crimes and having bleeding hearts let them get out on bail and promise not to to things like have firearms…or murder police officers…but hey, unicorns and pixie dust will keep most Canadians safe…

…and continuing to look the opposite direction to all the illegal weapons users committing crimes and having bleeding hearts let them get out on bail and promise not to to things like have firearms…or murder police officers…but hey, unicorns and pixie dust will keep most Canadians safe…

Going after the illegal weapons is expensive, time consuming; and can lead politically sticky, hand wringing situations.

Back